Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Damn, that's brutal km34. My heart kind of lurched when you said it, but I'm pleased you did.
Thanks, I think

It felt brutal, but nobody else has said it and I felt like it needed said... I hate being the harsh one, though!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMan View Post
. . . I just want to see one other person that I have developed a strong connection with. So if he ever finds out, which he won't, I will just tell him I just met the person. I don't know.....something like that.
Or instead of lying, just say "This is someone I'm seeing that you didn't want to know about. I wanted to tell you and do it honestly and openly, but you preferred not to know, so here we are."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMan View Post
I'm really not sure why he would want me to hook up with random strangers, that could try and hurt or kill me, instead of one person that I can actually build a trusting relationship with.
ASK HIM THAT!!!!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-24-2012, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km34 View Post
I don't see the insult in what you've shared.

You told him how you feel and that you believe you are poly and want a more poly relationship than what you have.
I appreciate your reply, as harsh as it was.....LOL......I just wanted to clarify some things.

When I said that I was insulted, I meant that when we actually tried to sit down and talk about the letter after 2 days of silent treatement, he refused to listen. He wouldn't let me explain anything or try to see my side of things. Instead I was threatened to find another place to live, told that I was the reason that he didn't have any friends (when it's all his fault), said I was ungrateful for everything he has done to help get me sober and never said thank you (even though I have said thank you repeated times, given him cards, and publicly thanked him when I got my one year medallion), and basically said if I don't like the way things are going to be, to get out, because he doesn't need me to take care of him, because he has a $5,000,000 long term care policy that will do that.

So that's what I meant by being insulted. I took the time to write down my feelings, tried to explain and I wasn't treated with the respect that I deserved.

In response to the you just don't want to leave, because you don't want debt. There is more to it than that. Things are always more complicated than they seem.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Or instead of lying, just say "This is someone I'm seeing that you didn't want to know about. I wanted to tell you and do it honestly and openly, but you preferred not to know, so here we are."
Thanks, that's a good idea. That's what I will do if and when the time comes.