Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-18-2012, 06:43 AM

I see people's pharmacy seems to be ok with it:

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2008/...nut-oil-for-2/

I've been considering using coconut oil as lube for a while now, but hadn't been sure if there was some reason to not apply it to the vagina. When I use condoms they're non-latex anyhow. Unlike something like Liquid Silk, unrefined coconut oil has an excellent taste, so it could work well if going from using lube for manual/vaginal intercourse to oral.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 AM

So, by 'eating' I'm wondering if you mean 'adding to your diet.' I know some folks just eat oil, straight. (for me? ewww) But I ADORE cooking with coconut oil. It fries/sautes whatever very nicely. I use coconut butter in my smoothies for added fat. [coconut butter is the meat of the coconut mashed into a yummy paste]

I have used it for a moisturizer (when I was a on a silly diet and could not use regular lotions) and it was lovely.

See any paleo diet website or book for recipes incorporating it.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 07-18-2012, 07:31 AM

I think you should start by reanmeing hump day to pin a colada day.

She going to be adding it to their diet..... Put the lime in da coconut ....
Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post

Love it!

Happy Hump Day!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post

Oh God, I'm going to have that in my head all day now . It made me laugh, which was a really good thing this morning.

@LR - I got a prescription from my GYN for a chronic yeast infection. It was just one pill and it seemed to work when other methods didn't. Just curious, why coconut oil vs other oils or commercial lubes?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:13 PM

November ,yes I meant ingesting-as in adding to the diet. I can't actuallly just spoon it in my mouth. giggling at visual image!
I use it to cook and in smoothies as well.

D-you know just when to make us all laugh our asses off. Hilarious!

Why coconut oil versus the chemical compounds in over the counter lubes-is because they all cause skin dryness or thinning of the membranes (in the long run) and I have ongoing medical issues on account to serious tears during my last labor and delivery. It's critical that I not use anything like that.

On the other hand, no lube-often results in exacerbating these additional issues.

Furthermore, while I dont have a strong tendency to get yeast infections in that area-I do get them on my skin (arms, legs, feet) occasionally and my youngest child is horribly prone to the same. But, coconut oil kills yeast, so just using it once a day as a lotion stops that completely.

Also, for anyone whose had major surgeries and had doctors find a high level of yeast inside their bodies (not vaginally, I mean INSIDE THE BODY CAVITY) they advise ingesting 2-3 tablespoons a day coconut oil. Because it kills the yeast.

So far, its working great AND it smells and feels great too .
Old 07-18-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Why coconut oil versus the chemical compounds in over the counter lubes-is because they all cause skin dryness or thinning of the membranes (in the long run) and I have ongoing medical issues on account to serious tears during my last labor and delivery.
I've never needed much lube, but since my surgery, it's been a necessity, I will have to try other oils. Up until the last year or two, I haven't been bothered by vaginal yeast infections, but the more I learn about it, I suspect that I've likely had quite a few outbreaks (just not vaginally). I use vinegar in the laundry to try and kill anything in the towels and clothes, but I'll have to try the coconut oil also.

I've been using olive oil on my hands and feet for a while and like the results. I do a lot of hand sewing and between the needles and fabrics, it does a number on my fingers, I also get cracked heals and the olive oil seems to be the quickest way to restore the damage.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:15 PM

It's now on our list to buy. I have a new potential partner and would like to try this with G before anyone new. I think this will be great for my own health and would add a new bonus to play
Old 07-19-2012, 07:26 AM

It works great! and I am sensitive too, and have no issues with it
Old 07-19-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
November ,yes I meant ingesting-as in adding to the diet. I can't actuallly just spoon it in my mouth. giggling at visual image!
I do take spoonfuls of it straight up. Mild flavor of coconut and creamy smooth.

I also mix it with a spoonful of raw nut butter to change the flavor (peanut butter, almong butter, sunflower butter).

Sometimes add coconut flakes to it for fiber.

It's all good!

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.

Tags
anal, coconut oil, lube, sex, vaginal