Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 01:51 PM

Default Make The Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by janndemery View Post
he is the one that wants to marry me, but marriage to me is out of the question because where would that put J, I feel if I told R that I am still seeing J he would leave me altogether and that would break my heart
Living a double life is not living at all.

I don't envy you your position but it is entirely of your own design. If you choose to do the right thing and be honest with these men you may well lose one or both of them. If you choose to continue lying to them and running around behind their backs, treating them as if they are children who cannot handle the truth then you will keep these feelings you have now.

You are going to need to make the call, is honesty and the risk of loss better than keeping what you have now?
Old 07-17-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I just dont know what I would do if I had to loose one of my loves but am at a lose at going about telling them
Sounds like you want to tell if you are posting here about it. Or was it just a vent?

If you want to tell that you are still seeing the other one, and want to keep it that way, you care for them both? Own your part of that stick and just tell them so.

They have a right to know and to have clear communication.

Then let them choose whether they want to own the other part of it and choose to stay or not. That is THEIR choice, not yours.

If they do not want to sign up for that kind of relationship, you will be sad for a time, but you will carry on and you will be ok.

If they DO want to sign up for that kind of relationship, you will be able to live more honestly/freely with all parties fully on board.

GL!
GG