Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 03:40 AM

I relate to this very strongly. I'm a woman, but still when I send messages out, oftentimes I don't get any kind of response back. It's irritating as hell. It's frustrating when I'm messaging another girl, but it's WAY frustrating when it's a guy and they have bitched on their profile about girls who do just that. Ridiculous.

I feel for you Kyle. I hope your friday goes better than your thursday did.

me- (25/pan/f/poly/Libra)
XIV- my husband (25/bi/m/poly/Taurus-Gemini cusp)
Doodle- my son (11 months little Leo baby)
Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKane View Post
I relate to this very strongly. I'm a woman, but still when I send messages out, oftentimes I don't get any kind of response back. It's irritating as hell. It's frustrating when I'm messaging another girl, but it's WAY frustrating when it's a guy and they have bitched on their profile about girls who do just that. Ridiculous.

Freaked myself out financially so first half of today has sucked. Second half is going better. I'm glad to know that someone relates and didn't just read that as bitchy-Kyle venting on some forum.

I just want the opportunity to try the lifestyle. I haven't even gotten that yet. My wife has and it was hard for me knowing she got to experience something I've always wanted but I couldn't. I've come to terms with that but I would still like opportunity. I just need to move to the east coast or texas. Seems like that's where everyone lives lol.

Kyle: 27 year old male
Katie (rymmare): 25 year old female
Kids: girl: 5 years old, boy: 3 years old
Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 PM

Right? I live in the Pac NW, and there is a decent number of people in my area... but still, not easy to meet people. My husband has a had a couple ONS, but nothing lasting....

Hahahaha, nope not bitchy-Kyle. Trust me. My only brother's name is Kyle, and I know a bitchy Kyle when I see one Sounds like some normal and expected frustration to me.

Your time will come. Probably when you least expect it, I'd imagine.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:39 AM

My wife finally decided (without my asking) to join this forum! Everyone welcome Rymmare!

Old 07-14-2012, 05:05 PM

Aww, yay! Welcome Rymmare!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:23 PM

I agree! Welcome to our lovely forum

Old 07-15-2012, 02:04 AM

Haha after reading this I'm afraid everyone will think I'm just some skanky chick who wanted to sleep around (thanks for making me skanky Kyle ) haha but really, Kyle and I have talked a lot on the subject and we have very different views on what constitutes a relationship. For me sex is just sex, it's just a physical need that everyone has but when there's emotion involved that's, to me, what makes it polyamorous. So we're kind of at an impasse. I see him as being the one having a poly experience because he and A have had a connection that I haven't gotten to experience. Everything I've had with LA or even B was just a physical 'hey your cute, let's bone' type deal. And to me that's not a big thing. What I had issues with as far as him cheating on me when we we first dating was him talking with another girl, that he admittedly had feelings for, and saying things like 'well, I'm with Katie now but if that weren't the case....' for him emotional attachment isn't as big of a deal to him as it is to me. But I think that goes for most male/female couples and it stems from the basic biology in us all. Since the women are basically useless (biologically speaking) for about a year if we get pregnant it's more of a crime for us to sleep with someone else, but since we as women need the men to protect us (again biologically speaking, form like caveman needing to survive viewpoint) we don't want our men to get emotionally attached to someone else because they may choose to protect that someone else instead of us and our family. ( if that makes sense, I've had quite a bit of wine haha)
But moving on....
I've been working a lot on my insecurities and trust issues. I've been working on being more intimate (which is really my biggest problem. Crappy childhood and all that jazz) i've started learning about Buhddism and have am learning to live in the now and to LET GO. and I've also been pushing Kyle to make a move with A. As far as my own love interests goes I still talk to J but it's not anything romantic, by any means. I wouldn't mind it heading in that direction but he's very mono and I don't want to end up getting hurt when/if he decides to settle down with a nice mono chick and live out their very mono lives together *gag*. But we still talk and we get along and 'click' really well. So who knows?

And I think that should catch everyone up (and hopefully clear my name a bit, I promise I'm not as bad as Kyle likes to make me out to be ) (also him whining about no sex means we went like 48 hours without. I could give it to him 7 times a day and it wouldn't be enough)
Old 07-15-2012, 02:05 AM

Also thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to be here, please take everything I say with a grain of salt....chances are there's a lot of wine influences what I say hehehe
Old 07-15-2012, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKane View Post

I always get just guys wanting sex and not understanding that I'm not a lonely housewife looking for a quick hook up but Mormons that want an actual deep connection with someone even though I suck at deeply connecting with people....
Old 07-15-2012, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymmare View Post
I always get just guys wanting sex and not understanding that I'm not a lonely housewife looking for a quick hook up but Mormons that want an actual deep connection with someone even though I suck at deeply connecting with people....
Mormons? Someone's had too much wine.

Yes, Katie and I had/have a very real difference in opinions regards to all of this. We have worked through most of it. I'm happy to say that the man that typed all of those posts months ago is no longer who I am.

Tags
dysfunctional marriage, lack of communication, mending a relationship