Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-12-2012, 05:35 PM

Default Open Mind

Well, I am glad to have made someone's night! I think to be able to even consider this kind of relationship, you have to at the very least have an open mind. I am here to learn, to enhance my life and the life of my relationship and I know that this is not going to be easily obtainable. So I am ready for the soul searching, contemplation and lengthy discussions. Anything worth having in my life, I have had to strive for. And in my journey I have realized that the best advice is from those who have experienced it! I live my life in peace and want to continue to do so...why get mad at someone's opinion or experience. Even if my ideal situation does not come to pass, hopefully I will at least gain knowledge and some new friends! Namaste!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
Ohmygosh, thank you for hearing what we were saying with an open mind!! You don't know how many people have come here with this same scenario, have been given the same advice, and have just not wanted to hear it. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know for myself that the reason I keep posting these sorts of responses is in the hopes that at least occasionally someone will have the reaction you had. So, just, thank you, seeing that made my night.
THIS!

It really is nice to talk with someone who is willing to consider the potentially negative concepts that they haven't seen prior. It's not easy to hear people say that a dream may not work. But, it's always more likely if you are willing to really consider what gets in the way.