Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 03:14 PM

Talking Hello from Virginia

I am a sweet, simple, smart and deaf woman. Currently dating a deaf fellow, whom I'm not in love with, while he's in love with me, for five months now. I was married once, back in 2008, which lasted less than a year. My ex-husband decided to be single and gay.

I am poly virgin or polywon. I've studied/read about polyamory several times over several years. I am not sure if I have practice it at all at some point in my life. There are often times where I preferred to date more than one partner. Because I often felt lost when I stay with one person. Or perhaps I just have not find the right person for me yet. Or perhaps I need more time to heal before I can have serious relationship.

So, I'm looking forward to meet you and to learn something from you.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:39 PM

Welcome!

I'm glad you took the time to introduce yourself. I hope you find lots of helpful information here.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 PM

Just wanted to give you an update:
I've decided to break up with the deaf fellow, but he refused to accept it, so we came to an agreement to take a break from each other, by not contacting and seeing each other for 30 days. (Actually till July 31st.) I told him that I already have two dates planned this month and he said okay as long it's just friends nothing more (physically wise).
Old 07-11-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedaystar View Post
Just wanted to give you an update:
I've decided to break up with the deaf fellow, but he refused to accept it, so we came to an agreement to take a break from each other, by not contacting and seeing each other for 30 days. (Actually till July 31st.) I told him that I already have two dates planned this month and he said okay as long it's just friends nothing more (physically wise).
Who cares if he 'refused to accept it'? It's a breakup, not a vote with a 'do-over'. You've written that you don't love him. Let him go, even if he doesn't like it. Also, why are you giving him power over your life? It's not his decision if the people you date are 'just friends' or not. It's your life and your decision.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:46 AM
Official Greeter

Hi lovedaystar,

Just wanted to say welcome and good to meet you here. That sounds like a sad situation, to be going out with someone you're not in love with. Perhaps you've been hoping you'd fall in love with him if you kept seeing him? Five months is a long time though.

I'm sure you'll eventually find what you're looking for; just keep reading on the various threads here and learning about poly to see if it's a "fit" for you. (And even if it's not, you're still a welcome member on this forum!)

Glad you could be with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Tags
deaf, divorce, poly virgin, polywon