Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
Honestly, in my situation, the only place I can make out with my boyfriend is at my house; the house I share with my husband. And yes, I do make out with my boyfriend with no intent for my husband to join in on occasion. Because I don't want every experience with my boyfriend to be a threesome and it has been 2 years since his family's living situation was one where he and I could engage each other physically at his place. Around our friends, I could see it being awkward, but a) Runic Wolf likes to watch and b) if he doesn't feel like watching, he will usually go spend some time in his office to give us a chance for things to go further.
But
1) your husband and boyfriend are not in their own relationship.
2) it's YOUR house
3) I would assume you and Runic Wolf have communicated on this issue, regarding what he is and is not comfortable with and when.

So it's really apples and oranges. Instead of thinking about you making out with your boyfriend, imagine inviting your boyfriend and your girlfriend (assume you had one) over to spend some time with you at your house and THEY start making out, while you're expected to either watch or go to the office. You're in a relationship with BOTH of them, but are not included. Whether or not you'd be okay with it isn't even really the point- the point is whether or not it's fair for them to EXPECT you to be okay with it without communicating with you about it.