Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 02:33 AM

I had a date last night.

There was this guy I met 7ish years ago on a swingers chat room. We flirted, we talked, we kept in touch, we had coffee once or twice. He's a cowboy, does rodeos and lives in the country. (gonna nickname him Cowboy)

Nothing happened. I never met his wife, and I wouldn't go there without meeting or talking to her.

Then I moved away.

We kept in sporadic touch. We chatted on facebook, msn occasionally.

So this week I had a conference in North Vancouver. Overnight, by myself.

He's in Vancouver - his mom's in the hospital.

And we agreed to meet. I figured, no big deal, coffee, we can chat, etc.... my intent was to email his wife before... but life got in the way and I didn't.

So he's in my hotel room, we're chatting, flirty, but harmless and nothing *I* would feel guilty about if his wife were to find out. It occurred to me.... hey! I have internet!! I'll just email her now!!

"Your husband is in my hotel room, is that ok with you? Hi btw, nice to meet you!"

The reply I got... "It depends"

Banter back and forth happens between the wife and him.

I finally found out what the 'depends' was... an iPad. He'd already bought her one - so it was really just happy marital banter... but in the end I got direct confirmation from her that yeah, it was ok and it was all good between them.

The conversations between us had always been sexual in nature, but I had a realization (before he showed up) that I really wasn't into the swinging, casual sex without a connection thing.

So we talked. About everything. And we connected. Mentally, physically, constantly touching, him massaging, getting to know each other, not wanting him to leave. He showed up at my hotel at 9pm, left at 1am. We talked, touched, and connected for 4 hours.

This morning, I was all giddy. I've been walking on air....

I had a date last night....

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 11-18-2011, 05:28 PM

Watch out for them rodeo people eh ?

Rednecks, hicks. Beware !

In all seriousness, I am so happy for you ! You deserve a nice time.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:59 PM

Wondering... if I had another partner right now, would they be a source of comfort or totally neglected because I'm so consumed by what's going on with my husband?

Or a bit of both?

My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 AM

Unhappy

On June 26, my husband passed away peacefully surrounded by friends and family and love.

I haven't been here much (aside from lurking and reading) as I've been at his bedside with him for the past 6 months while he fought severe necrotizing pancreatitis.

I don't know that I'll be here much in the future - but I always hated when blogs didn't tell the end of the story... *sigh*

I don't know that the story has ended - but it has for this blog... my life starts an entirely new chapter as a widow... unpartnered... and currently alone, although surrounded by some amazing friends.

My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 07-09-2012, 03:46 AM

Jane - I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. 4 years we have lost my husband's grandfather, step-father (both of who were his primary father figures), his aunt, and my grandmother (who raised me for the first 12 years of my life). Each loss is unique and heals in it's own time and I know that there is still more healing to be done for us. I wish you all the best on your journey down this new path.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:21 AM

Unable to comprehend what you are experiencing right now, I just wanted to say that I am truly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what this must be like. So sorry to hear about the forced end of your shared journey.

My Blog