Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 AM

Default Identity Question

This came from another thread but basically I identify as polyamorous, for as long as I can remember, even before I had the words to describe it I have always felt this way.

Recently I fell in love with a monogamous man. We were friends for a long time and used to talk for hours about polyamory and monogamy and everything in between. He has always maintained that if there is anything like a Kinsey scale for monogamy to polyamory he is a 1, totally 100% monogamous.

I have no desire to change him, though if he wants to try opening up I will support him and in return he has been everything I have ever wanted in a partner. He understands that I am capable of loving multiple people and in turn is totally accepting of this, however he has asked me to be monosexual. And for now this is something that I want to do because it means that he is in my life romantically.

So...can I still say I am polyamorous? Is there anyone who is living a monosexual life and identifies as polyamorous? What are peoples' thoughts about this?