Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 05:22 AM

I'm a little bouncy. (bouncier than I should be, it's bedtime) FBF won free tix to Peter Gabriel. Several months from now. And invited me. So cute. Makes me feel like he's thinking we'll be around for awhile.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 06-12-2012, 05:04 PM

I went to the interview yesterday. It's kind of a weird situation, so I'm not sure I really want it, but I'll give it a shot if they hire me.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 05-01-2014 at 04:50 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:37 AM

Default Vacation

MrS, Dude, and I are leaving tomorrow for our first Vee vacation together. MrS and I are so used to traveling together - in the past I have found traveling with others (once just me and a friend, and once MrS and I with another couple) to require some shifts in perspectives/assumptions (MrS reports the same when he has traveled with friends without me). I'm curious as to how similar Dude's "travel style" is to ours...he's a pretty flexible guy though (as are we) so I have no qualms that we will do fine.
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 06-18-2012, 05:30 PM

I've made a new friend on OK and we've been chatting quite a bit. He's new to the whole poly idea but very open minded. Not sure it will go anywhere but if nothing else I educated someone about different types of relationships and I'm enjoying spending time with him. Kinda hoping to meet in person at some point soon.
On other positive news, Gamerboy and I have come out of another pretty rough patch and are doing awesome.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:22 PM

Default Drained..

I've been having a lot of issues with my teenage daughter the past few days. Her disposition goes from sullen and depressed to full out screaming drama and threats over the smallest perceived slight; it's been a roller coaster. Also, Hubby has been struggling with not being able to find a boyfriend that sticks. He has had a couple of friends with benefits but nothing serious...and he longs to have a loving relationship with someone, just like I have with my boyfriend. And when Hubby is envious, hubby gets cross...and a bit jealous. Sigh..

We're also seeing some small schedule changes due to the b/f's wife's work hours changing. Nothing outwardly major, but it will likely lessen the amount of one on one time we are spending together. As much as I'd like to see more of him, I'm a bit unsure when to schedule that time now.

Really looking forward to the weekend already...no kids and the hubby's working both days. Maybe I can finally de-stress :P
Old 06-21-2012, 04:38 AM

Feeling down and frustrated while on vacation.

I have a friend I've had a bit of a crush on. I'd love to date her, but she lives about a half days drive from me (14 hours) and right now she dosent want to date, and I'm not really looking for something serious right now. We are a very good match and I do care about her. However even though she wants to do more then we have done (kiss and cuddle), she won't because she's afraid she'll explode my marriage. No matter what either of us tells her she's convinced it'll break us up, so thus I get to live in frustration over her for the week. I know it's kinda greedy, but I'm allowed to be greedy on occasion.

Outside of that, things are going well. Kicking ass and taking names.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:37 PM

My new friend is planning to come up to my area, he lives about an hour and a half away, for a couple of days next week. I feel all gushy and nervous. Trying to keep those feelings in check, hopefully I'm doing alright.
I'm also trying to keep Gamerboy in the loop and make sure he's ok with anything that might happen. While I've been chatting with people here and there, I've become more comfortable with any type of relationship Gamerboy might have or want. Which is awesome. If only he would actually talk to some on OK.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 PM

Smile

I'm doing OK. Loving this site a lot and learning more is always a definite plus in my book.

So, how am I doing in particular today? I'm actually trying not to overthink about someone I met about a month ago, who actually surprisingly (or not surprisingly) revealed his interest in polyamory. Not the reason why I am here, but it was something that sparked my interest in him further. I haven't openly told him exactly how far I've researched this topic by myself but there was a sense of comfort knowing we may actually be somewhat compatible (despite the age gap).

That said, it's early days and I enjoy every moment with him. Sometimes, it's as if someone punched me in the gutt -- but in a good way. Letting out all the stale air and breathing in freshness. I apologize if I sound like a Downy commercial.

The butterflies in my stomach are not complaining. Hope you're all doing well, too!

Cheers! xo
Old 06-22-2012, 04:08 PM

My stress is alleviated somewhat. I have been offered a part-time job. It will be a really low wage -- ridiculously low, in fact. But it's the only bite all my job-hunting has given me, so I'm taking it and will start next week. And I will keep looking for other work as well.

I have more things on my plate to get caught up financially, and keep my apartment. And if I can find a roommate, that will help immensely, and I can get back to nurturing my business instead of struggling to survive. It's been a really bad, bad situation over the last year, so I finally feel like I'm seeing some light at the end of the fucking tunnel.

So, to summarize how I'm doing: Slightly better than before, and trying to stay positive.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 06-24-2012, 10:52 PM

Just got back from our first vacation together. Some rough patches between me and Dude but nothing irreconcilable - we learned a few things we have to work on.

On the other hand - twice during the week we met up with old friends of ours/mine that knew about Dude but had never met him. They asked a lot of the right questions and things went very well! I think that seeing how all three of us are when we are together really helped.

Planning our next vacation for September (camping this time - which I think will actually be easier). And the last of my friends that still has to meet Dude is planning on visiting in October.

I think the roller coaster ride will continue as we encounter new hurdles but we are working on it and moving forward. I love these boys.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update