Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 PM

Default Mono with a poly (does that make us monopoly?)

Hi, I'm S.

I'm a 37 year old mono straight male
2 young kids from a prior marriage.

My fiancee is A.
She's 31 year old poly bi female.
1 child the same age as my eldest.

I expect to be a long term community member. I'm just starting out in a poly experiment and I'm a lot nervous, as some of you may have seen from my first post. I'm going to have a lot of questions and would appreciate blunt answers b/c I have no intuition to speak of.

I've been characterized as a 'leader' type of personality. She's a self-described 'right-hand woman'. We make a great team. There's an unbelievable amount of chemsitry and have similar life goals, lifestyles and recreation/vacation ideas.

In terms of values, it's a little different. I'm a mono, though and thorugh. I've had affairs in my prior marriagem the latest of which was with A. She's poly, though this is a new revelation to me.

3+ years and a mountain of drama later... we're engaged.

9 days ago from the time of this post, I learned that she's crushing hard and falling for on P, a mutual friend who lives 6 hours away and is a freqent online acquaintence.

I didn't flip out, trying to find my happy medium with it. I'm not sure if it's possible but I've gotten some great advice here and I have some soul-searching to do.

Anyhow, hello!