Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2012, 05:03 AM

Smile Unicorn Poly Couple

Hey, my name is Chris. I'm originally from Newfoundland, Canada, but I'm currently living in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada.

My fiancee and I are a unicorn poly couple. I am straight and she is a bi-sexual who prefers females over males.

I first realized that I was polyamorous when I first found out that my girlfriend (now fiancee) actually preferred women to men, and I told her that I didn't mind if she had a girlfriend besides me.

I didn't know what Polyamory was at the time, and I was shocked to know that I would be okay with her seeing a girl while she was with me. After looking up a definition for the type of relationship I had thought of, it was then that I discovered what polyamory was, and even more relieving, that there were more people out there like me.

I believe that my only reason for being shocked with myself in the first place was because of society's misunderstanding of what I had suggested. Where many people would call it 'cheating', I saw it as a sensible and perfectly okay thing to do.

---------------------------------

Now that time has passed, and I am living in Alberta, with my fiancee still living home in Newfoundland until December when she will come up here with me. We have decided that it's time for us to start actively seeking this female partner. But our values have changed since then. It's no longer us just looking for a partner for her, we're now looking for someone who would be willing to be with both of us.

Tags
alberta, canada, newfoundland, relationship, unicorn