Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 12:41 AM

Here, now...stop that giggling!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Custodian

Hey! We need more giggling! You're just trying to rain on the parade with your awesome moderation skills!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethergirl View Post
hookups, follies,
You are truly a lucky woman Just the word hookups and follies make me cringe LOL!! Now..get back to giggling!!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:18 AM

Default Difficult...

Quote:
Though we can't choose whom our heart falls for, we can try to make it see reason when its simply not within our grasp.
It must be a very difficult situation for the lady in Danny40179's life too. I am mono, and trying to understand and educate myself in Polyamory. The reason for this is to be able to accept and keep the love for a friend knowing it is out of grasp. I am sure if I were to be Poly things might have worked differently, however, as mentioned before in the post, the lifestyle is not for everyone. A shift in mindset, probably helps, but a personīs past history and upbringing weighs too much at times and makes that shift close to impossible to happen consciously. For a mono person, if not aware and educated, it can turn out to be a living hell and create more doubts and insecurities rather than gratitude for the love that is being shared. For a mono too there are decisions to be made and questions to be answered, like, should I educate myself and be understanding and accept this person as is, non attachment, and keep them in my life as friends, in gratitude, or should I just go? It is very interesting to me that someone said I was punishing myself for having the expectation of a committed relationship, with love and sex, and that I was missing out. It may be true... but a mindset does not change only because someone says so or wants it to happen, if the underlying issues are not worked on. After a few years, I am now open to the task of at least learning and trying to understand.

It is very tricky, self confidence is a strict must to stay and enjoy.

Thank you all for sharing your stories and thoughts. Your contribution is very enlightening and a great stepping stone for references. Your comments and thoughts are welcome.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:45 AM

Oooooh god... BEEN there. 0_0 at least to a large extent. You're right, it does suck.

I'm sure it will work out though.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:04 AM

Aww, sounds so sad.