Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by km34 View Post
Could this be where they realized that they are in a different place in life than you are, realized they could possibly be sending you signals they didn't want to send you, and backed off?

I'm a flirtatious person. Naturally. I flirt with almost everyone, regardless of relationship status, age (okay, too young and I don't), gender, sex, orientation, etc. I flirt. The only times that I reel it in are when 1) I know the person or that person's SO(s) would be upset or made uncomfortable by it, 2) I see my flirting causing any real interest when I know I have none, 3) it would affect the professional standing of myself or the person with whom I'm interacting, and then there are probably a couple of other situations, but you get the drift. It has to be obvious that it is inappropriate to get me to stop flirting.

Just an idea.
Yes. It could be that. Especially, it's mostly E that's flirting, and it took me a while to decide that it seemed like anything more than just joking around...

It is odd that thinking about that is actually a little comforting? I'd much rather it just be that I'm impatient, they really do like me, and just have it work out perfectly... but at least this would mean it's not all "in my head". And I'm not even sure why that should be such a big deal to me, if it doesn't effect the outcome...

There's still some stuff that doesn't add up though. I'll have to either wait it out or suck it up-and-ask.

Quote:
Also, I found it really funny when you said you're usually not interested in 30-somethings on OKC, but in real life you are. I am kind of like that with people in their upper 30s and 40-somethings. lol (I'm 23, by the way, to give you an idea of the age difference for me vs. you as an 18 year old )
I don't know what it is! But it's neat to know I'm not the only one, lol
Single.
Omnisexual. (I am attracted to males, females, and any variation/in-between/lack thereof, but I am not "gender blind" which most pansexuals describe themselves as.)
Polyamorous.
Overuses smiley faces.

Me on OKcupid: https://okcupid.com/profile/hmdboots
Me on fetlife: https://fetlife.com/users/2037963
(send me a message before sending a friend request)

Tags
infatuation, love, newbie, nre, power imbalance, teacher (eep!)