Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Site Usage > User Guidelines & Forum Features

Notices

Old 05-21-2012, 01:20 PM

Default how do I delete my account?

I am disappointed in this sight. I have been told any discussion about polyamory should be put in sex discussions. I'm sorry I thought polyamory was about relationship NOT sex.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:30 PM

I think you're misreading the suggestions in response to your original post.

If you want to look for people to form a relationship with, then those belong in the Personals section for your area, hence why your original post was moved there.

If you'd like to introduce yourself and a bit about your situation, then those go in the introductions area.

If you want to talk about poly relationships, yours or others, having them, surviving them, thriving in them, then those go in the relationships corner.

General Poly Discussions is for discussing poly in more general terms, more like the theory and philosophy of it.

Meeting and Events area is a good place to look for local events or groups in your area...and the Pacific NW is a very busy poly place indeed. You'll have no shortage of events if you can make it into Seattle.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:47 PM

We don't have a "sex discussions" forum.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 05-21-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:18 PM

i want to delete my account as well
Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 PM

This is not a dating site, just don't post anymore. People aren't going to be looking up your profile and send messages just because you have a user id. Don't see why you have to DELETE your account if you don't find the site useful.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:53 PM

Members can't delete their own accounts, but the Moderators can ban someone. Your threads and posts, however, will still remain after having been banned. If you don't want to keep up with this message board, just stop visiting and don't post anymore. Simple.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-31-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
If you don't want to keep up with this message board, just stop visiting and don't post anymore. Simple.
Go to the "User CP" and under "Subscriptions" you can unsubscribe to all the threads you currently get messages about.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:49 PM

We purposely don't delete accounts here because the flow of threads becomes destroyed and ends up seeming choppy and confusing. People do searches for old threads and its important that when they find them they are still intact. This site is public and people come here to read threads to gain knowledge. Everytime someone posts here the post becomes open for public consumption. Its important to chose a user name wisely, consider your words and the information give and own up to what you say. If you struggle with that then don't post, turn your notifications off and walk away from the thread. As the others have said. That being said, anyone who choses a user name that is not common to them and doesn't give info that people will recognise (names, places, times) can write about intimate details that cannot be discussed with even close friends and lovers. Your choice.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Banned

Sad that this board offers no option to delete posts or accounts....sounds pretty damn controlling to me. Wish I had never checked it out and going to suggest my wife not get involved with the likes of those on this board. I have nothing good to say from what I have read (especially the smart ass responses) to people's posts whom mods apparently don't like. Nice little Nazi board going on here. Please ban me as I don't wish to be a part of this POS.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelWest View Post
Sad that this board offers no option to delete posts or accounts....sounds pretty damn controlling to me. Wish I had never checked it out and going to suggest my wife not get involved with the likes of those on this board. I have nothing good to say from what I have read (especially the smart ass responses) to people's posts whom mods apparently don't like. Nice little Nazi board going on here. Please ban me as I don't wish to be a part of this POS.
wow that's seriously pathetic.
what redpepper has stated is the way *most* forums work, especially those offering information or advice to the outside world as well.

if you really want all your posts deleted, go back in your subscriptions and manually delete them all yourself.
or is the little nazi board stopping you from doing that? big-bad-meanie mods and all stopping your fingers from doing the hard work yourself.