Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 05-12-2012, 05:48 AM

That's a GREAT baby step and fairly fast in the grand scheme of things! Kudos to you both! If she's interested in coming to this forum, there are plenty of poly people here with mono spouses- there's lots to read and talk about, and it might help her wrap her head around the idea of poly coming from someone she's not emotionally connected to.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Official Greeter

Congrats on the progress, carguy.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:49 PM

Carguy and Bach,

Going through something similar, but on the other end of it. Looks like it's ended my relationship with a great loving person. And I have a lot of mixed feelings about it.

What I find has helped for me at different life crisis points in the past is having a group of like-minded people to talk about it with. Especially in this situation, which I feel like I'm going through alone: have tried to explain to friends and even therapist, but their answer has just been, "When you find the right person, you won't have any doubts about monogamy."

Would you and others, who are coming out as poly but dealing with partners who are having difficulty accepting that in their relationship, be interested in starting a weekly one-hour conference call to support each other?