Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPepper View Post
I LOVE this approach! There's just one drawback... now follow me on this....

I'm a guy, on a first date with a girl, and I lean over and whisper..'I have two girlfriends!!"

Now what are y'all thinking?

This just doesn't work for guys unfortunately. For women it's adventurous and daring, for guys it just sounds sleezy.
Well, I might not bring it up that way on a date! But it should work with guy friends...

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 05-07-2012, 12:44 AM

Yeah, I don't see that as a way to bring it up on a first date, whether male or female.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "
Old 05-11-2012, 01:40 AM

Oops, my reply didn't post.
I am inviting B out of a sense of fairness, I don't think it's super appropriate or exciting for him to be there.
That sounds good for when I do break it to outside people - focusing on how lucky I am.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 AM

If B has no connection to your friends, why are you inviting him? What's in it for him? It doesn't sound like it's an opportunity for him to spend time with you, as you'll be all tense and worried about appearances.

Just my take.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:13 AM

I prefer to introduce my partners to each other in a more intimate setting first and see if they actually like one another. When I introduced Richard and Charles to one another- they hit it off immediately and really liked each other! After that, it was easy to invite them both to events because we all knew it would be fun for all of us. They actually wanted to see each other- that's how compatible they were!!

And- oh by the way.....one of my favorite memories of all times is one evening when at the end of the party- after everyone left and just the three of us were left.....and I was like OMG- can we all sleep together with me in the middle!! They thought my excitement was cute- they were glad to do that and I'll never forget that night!! All we did was sleep, but it was very special for me!!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:26 PM

Maybe I missed it, but sounds like neither actually knows yet that the other exists, other than the abstract fact that you're seeing other people. Is this true?

Tell them about each other before they meet at the party.

Tags
etiquette, hierarchy, inclusion, privacy, sleepovers