Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polypenguin View Post
so here we are three or four months after that, and she now has a girl whom she's not dating, but fools around with, and a boy whom isn't her boyfriend yet, but they are very much in love (and have been for five years). Both of her lovers/lusters are free to be with whomever they choose.
It sounds like Genebean's not really getting very involved with either of them. One is emotional and the other is just "fooling around." Is that correct?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 05-07-2012, 02:58 PM

interesting, I suppose I hadn't considered the environmental ramifications of burningman itself. If nothing else, I don't want it to ruin our burn.

I know she wants to sleep around a little out there (she told me as such). She likes irish guys, and she already told me she wants to sleep with one out there.

perhaps it would be condusive to move that date a week or two ahead of time, so that we can deal with those issues before the burn. Hmmm, interesting.

so, things came to a head yesterday, she (of course with my permission) slept with her new (not official) boy friend. I was feeling really good about it, and it didn't bother me really at all, until a couple things happened: first, they took like five hours before they finally finished, and I was getting bored, and more importantly, lonely. Second, I had to go inside the house for a few minutes, and I walked in overhearing her in the middle of an orgasm.

difficult to hear.

I know the only reason I felt upset about it was self consciousness, you know, that old "what if..... " type of thing. And that I wasn't included.

after, I drove him home, and told her I neededjust to be held and given love and attention, and she did great. I love her, and although it was very painful, I know it was a good thing.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:22 PM

as per your question nycindie, um, yes and no. She is not really dating either of them, but does have a small attachment to the woman, and although she's not "officially" dating the other boy, she is in love with him, and visa versa.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:56 PM

i'm feeling much better today, sometimes a night of passion is exactly what the doctor ordered. I'm glad her experience with her friend didn't hurt our love life. I knew it wouldn't, but I did fret it a little.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
so, things came to a head yesterday, she (of course with my permission) slept with her new (not official) boy friend. I was feeling really good about it, and it didn't bother me really at all, until a couple things happened: first, they took like five hours before they finally finished, and I was getting bored, and more importantly, lonely. Second, I had to go inside the house for a few minutes, and I walked in overhearing her in the middle of an orgasm.

difficult to hear.
Um, why were you sitting around waiting for them to finish? It probably would have been much better if you were out with friends or occupied with something else away from where they were. Plus, it would have been perfectly okay to say that you didn't want them to do it in your house. It's okay to have boundaries like that.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 05-08-2012, 06:23 PM

oh, I agree.

haha, no no, it's not like that at all. I was very occupied, working on my hotrod outside, while they were inside going at it. It's not like I was sitting next to the door, waiting for them to finish. The issue came up, when I needed something from inside, and had to get something real quick. That's when I heard them, and I the insecurities started. Which by the way i'm feeling great about now. If that was the most difficult part of this journey, I can deal with it

as for lot letting them sleep together in our house, I wanted them too, I felt it was a better place than where he lives, safer neighbourhood, and I wouldn't have to make a second trip. Plus i'm not sure that he has a bed, so they probably would have been on the floor.

I agree with you in saying I need to be hanging out with friends when they are doing it (at least for now). I can only keep myself occupied for so long before I get bored and lonely. So, thankyou for the suggestion.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
as for lot letting them sleep together in our house, I wanted them too, I felt it was a better place than where he lives, safer neighbourhood, and I wouldn't have to make a second trip. Plus i'm not sure that he has a bed, so they probably would have been on the floor.
Umm... Why are you driving him back and forth? Can he not secure his own mode of transportation? If not, why can't Genebean pick him up instead of you doing it? This seems like you being a bit over-involved in it all too. Unless you're his friend too and want to hang out during those times in the car, I guess...
Old 05-08-2012, 06:39 PM

I am very much his friend, and and I think those times hanging out in the car are an important bonding experience for all of us. It was a little awkward after they had sex, and I was driving him home, but I know we can get over that, and learn to lauch about it soon enough.

plus we only have one car.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
plus we only have one car.
That doesn't mean everyone has to be in the car at once.

lol But I get it. If it makes you feel more included or whatever you need to feel okay with the situation, that's all the matters, eh?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:54 PM

well, we don't have to all be together all the time, but bonding time is nice.

Tags
casual sex, equanimity