Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 02:27 PM

I have noticed that I am jealous of people who are not "secured". That is, tomorrow Seamus and his coworkers are going to a strip club. I have no problem whatsoever with Seamus going and doing whatever he wants. But his coworker I like? I feel a tinge of jealousy. I hate that I won't be there to see what happens. What if he meets someone (unlikely at a strip club) and happens to be mono (more likely)?
When I see him with females I wonder if he likes them, etc. I'm way more possessive and jealous, because since we're not together, his getting with someone else could prevent a relationship. On the other hand, I'm secure that new relationships won't take any partner from me.

I know this jealousy is irrational and the fruit of insecurities, so I try to keep it low, but it's not always easy.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Usually when I experience jealousy I see it as more of a collection of emotions than as a single one. Sometimes my partner will be talking on a subject with somone that I cant contribute and I feel the dim one in the room. Or simply if Im at a loose end when my partner is spending her time elswhere.

I suppose if you know theres a specific reason for why youre feeling something it seems less of a deal.

Tags
jealous, jealousy, lessons, new to polyamory