Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 01:11 AM

Red face Good evening !

Am new to this site. 46 year old retired married female. Am not new to poly or BDSM. Looking for a new poly partner. YES hubby knows lol. We are completely honest with each other.

Am tired of the vanilla sites. Difficult to find what I am looking for when everyone around you seems to be vanilla. Am also not a swinger. I think I deserve more than one night stands and a 6 pack of lies.I also don't drink.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 AM

Umm... are you thinking of polyamory as a type of kink? Coming here because you are "tired of the vanilla sites" makes it seem that way.

You are certainly welcome here - there are plenty of members who share your predeliction for BDSM. There are also plenty of us who are quite vanilla! But that doesn't mean we're all narrow-minded about that stuff.

This isn't a forum just for kinksters, but for people interested in discussing polyamory -- who could be either kinky or vanilla. I hope you realize that polyamory is not specifically a form of kink, but a structure for relationships whether kinky or not.

Just wanted to make sure you knew what kind of forum this actually is.

There is a long discussion about BDSM here, if you want to join in:
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1824

WELCOME!!!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 04-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Official Greeter

Hi WhitePhoenix,
Welcome to our forum.

It's a mixed vanilla/kink batch here, but you should be able to find some good company for your interests. Anyone who is polyamorous should be at least sympathetic towards the kink community, and I feel confident in saying we have a lot of BDSMers here.

There's a "Search" menu at the top of this page; you can probably (click on "Search" and) enter "kink" or "BDSM" there (in the resulting mini-window), and find a lot of relevant threads. Oh and at the bottom of this page (right hand side) is a "Forum Jump" menu; you can use that to go to the "Dating & Friendships" area. Then you can see what's out there that might specifically be a match for you.

Any other ways we can be of help? Please do ask any questions, share thoughts, express concerns, whatever you desire that would be of help. I hope you will feel at home here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:40 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Umm... are you thinking of polyamory as a type of kink? Coming here because you are "tired of the vanilla sites" makes it seem that way.

You are certainly welcome here - there are plenty of members who share your predeliction for BDSM. There are also plenty of us who are quite vanilla! But that doesn't mean we're all narrow-minded about that stuff.

This isn't a forum just for kinksters, but for people interested in discussing polyamory -- who could be either kinky or vanilla. I hope you realize that polyamory is not specifically a form of kink, but a structure for relationships whether kinky or not.

Just wanted to make sure you knew what kind of forum this actually is.

There is a long discussion about BDSM here, if you want to join in:
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1824

WELCOME!!!
I do NOT think of poly as being a kink ! LOL Its just that most people on places like AFF or POF (vanilla sites) do not have an understanding of anything kinky. I find that poly people have at least SOME understanding of the lifestyle . Poly persons are more open minded
Old 04-30-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePheonix View Post
I do NOT think of poly as being a kink ! LOL Its just that most people on places like AFF or POF (vanilla sites) do not have an understanding of anything kinky. I find that poly people have at least SOME understanding of the lifestyle . Poly persons are more open minded
Well, there are some thickheaded clods who are poly, too, LOL, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware we are not a strictly knink site, in case that's what you were looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
There's a "Search" menu at the top of this page; you can probably (click on "Search" and) enter "kink" or "BDSM" there (in the resulting mini-window), and find a lot of relevant threads.
Actually, WhitePheonix, in the pull down menu that you see when you click on Search, you can also do a Tag Search - we all try to add tags to threads and this is also a good way to find something that relates to your topic. There is definitely a BDSM tag! Or click on Advanced Search which gives you more search parameters to use.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 04-30-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Well, there are some thickheaded clods who are poly, too, LOL, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware we are not a strictly knink site, in case that's what you were looking for.
If I wanted strictly kink ... I'd go to Fetlife.

And I am aware of the BDSM link in THIS site.. thanks for pointing it out/reminding me .

Tags
bdsm