Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Well, it might not technically be a Relationship yet, but when I read your post about feeling restless and not knowing what to say or how often to contact him, I thought of that euphoric feeling when you start seeing someone and it's all deliciously tingly yet angsty and the same time. That crazy feeling of wanting to know if someone you like, likes you back the same way - limerence, I guess, would be more accurate, or maybe infatuation. I don't usually use the term NRE so maybe I had it mixed up with limerence.

I thought it was cute on you, anyway! Sorry!
No no, I don't mind you guys teasing me about this. I do feel like a schoolgirl with a crush and I don't blame you for pointing that out. I guess the mention of NRE just made all this sound so.. serious? And I just don't want to get ahead of things when I have no idea what's going to happen. I think the word relationship is really getting to me because that is exactly what we don't and won't have. I just keep picturing him reading these messages and running away after reading about all this relationship-y stuff. He's not poly, he's in an open relationship, so I don't even know if he is "allowed" to develop/express feelings for other people. He might just want to have sex with me a few times and that's that.

... Although he just confirmed that he is coming to the party we're having soon. Yey! That must mean he is willing to also see me with my clothes on.

Tags
bisexual, boundaries, communication, foundations, ldr, long distance, nre