Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 01:38 PM

Default I'm a believer

Hi all! I'm Esperema, I'm 27 & live in Australia. I currently have no solid experience with polyamory, I have only ever been in mono relationships. I first heard of polyamory a few years ago. About a year ago a close friend of mine was seeing a poly guy. Then I met an amazing mono couple, the topic came up but all none the wiser we parted ways. Since meeting them I've been curious, reading about polyamory & am interested in hearing people's stories as I don't know any polyfolk in real life. Everything I have read makes so much sense & it's like I've found something I believe in, I've always thought there was more to love than just monogamy. I'd love to meet someone (or two, or...) but in the meantime I'm interested in reading these boards & getting to know some of you on here. Peace & love
Old 04-16-2012, 05:08 AM
Official Greeter

Hello Esperema,
Welcome to our forum.

Re:
Quote:
"Since meeting them I've been curious, reading about polyamory & am interested in hearing people's stories as I don't know any polyfolk in real life."
Check out the "Forum Jump" menu near the bottom (right hand side) of this page; there's a "Life stories and blogs" board you can navigate to. I haven't checked it out yet (as I'm still pretty new here myself), but you should be able to find some interesting reading material there.

There's also a "Dating & Friendships" area ... might be helpful, probably worth checking it out.

There's a lot to learn about when it comes to polyamory, so make yourself comfortable and have a look around on the site.

Glad I could be here with you.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 AM

Hello Kevin, thank you for your reply. It's nice to feel welcome & I appreciate the tips Will check those pages. Thanks again!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 AM

There are Poly groups in many capital cities which meet regularly for a meal and a chat, although they're not always easy to find online. Which part of the country are you in?
Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 PM

I'm in Queensland, I have just found the Brisbane groups.

Almost one year on from when I joined, I have been involved in poly relating. It was the most nurturing experience of my life <3
Old 03-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Official Greeter

Good to hear; I hope you will have more of such uplifting experiences.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.