Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 PM

Smile It just makes sense....

My partner and I have been discussing adding members to our family....nope, not babies.... We believe in the very olde ways. We are both Pagan and we would like to add another husband, wife or both to our loving relationship. There are a variety of reasons why we would consider this, as most of you will know. We believe that we could love more than one person at a time, together, and that the people in that relationship should in the end live together in a communal effort. I am here to learn, share and meet people of the same mind.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:36 PM

Hi and welcome. I hope you have a nice read
Old 04-06-2012, 01:48 PM

Thank you Moonglow... i am finding a lot of interesting things eve since i started reading up on this.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:53 PM

Hi and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRose View Post
We believe... that the people in that relationship should in the end live together in a communal effort.
If that is so, reconsider your earlier statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRose View Post
We... would like to add another husband, wife or both to our loving relationship.
A very couplecentric attitude, which is at odds with wanting a communal effort. The best thing you can do to expand your possibilities for loving is to stop thinking of the ideal situation as "Couple Plus One." Remember that you and your partner are two individuals and anyone else who develops a loving relationship with either or both of you is also an individual. Therefore no one is being "added" to your relationship, all relationships have their own dynamic as does the combination of all. Autonomy is your ally in making such arrangements satisfying to everyone.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein