Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 07:27 PM

Thanks Jasmine,

Our information came from a couple of people that are by their admission former members of that congregation. We really should have gone directly to the minister and will.

We will approach her mentioning your recommendation, thanks!

We will come back here and let you/everyone know what we find out, you have been a big help!!!

John
Old 01-18-2012, 05:41 PM

Hi Jasmine,

We attended the Gettysburg UU church Sunday, it wasn't at all as described. Apparently the aforementioned former members had an axe to grind! It was however far too straight laced for us to discuss anything remotely related to poly interests. We spent over an hour after the services were over getting acquainted with several of the members. Sadly the regular minister is only in attendance only one or twice a month so our questions we have to await her return! Thanks for your info!!!

John...and Sandi
Old 01-18-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr View Post
Sadly the regular minister is only in attendance only one or twice a month so our questions we have to await her return!
The minister's contact info is available on the the York church's website. If you make an appointment, then you won't have to try to "catch" her after the service.

Jasmine
Old 01-24-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminegld View Post
The minister's contact info is available on the the York church's website. If you make an appointment, then you won't have to try to "catch" her after the service.

Jasmine
Thanks Jasmine, unfortunately about the only free time we have is on Sundays so it is probably best/most convenient to meet with her on a Sunday.

John
Old 02-03-2012, 12:31 AM

Were you able to meet with the minister yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr View Post
Thanks Jasmine, unfortunately about the only free time we have is on Sundays so it is probably best/most convenient to meet with her on a Sunday.
All the more reason to make a Sunday appointment, so that she knows you are looking to meet with her. Otherwise, she might schedule a committee meeting or a meeting with another person.

Appointments are your friend.

Jasmine
Old 02-14-2012, 11:54 AM

Thanks Jasmine, your point is well taken. We've been a little too busy to go back more than sporadically too so an appointment would give us something to aim at!

John
Old 03-10-2012, 01:08 PM

Another UU-er here. Yes, it is pretty cool isn't it? I haven't met anyone from those groups yet, because I'm fairly closeted-(out of respect for my partners and our kids). I'm looking into seminary as well, but not for a while.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenesque View Post
A long time ago I found that the the Unitarian Universalist Association Principles and Purposes resonated with me. And I was pleased to find that the Unitarian Universalist church has a pagan section called Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans (CUUPS).

Within the last few days to my happy shock I found that the UUs also have an organization devoted to polyamory.

Unitarian Universalists for Polyamory Awareness (UUPA)

I list this for others who might find it useful as some UUs who are also polyamorous may not know it exists. I have not participated in as many UU events as I would like but this does further increase my good feelings towards them and their efforts to include people from so many walks of life under a compassionate message.

~Raven~
I must admit that I've heard a fair amount of good things about UU. Not sure it'd ever be a religion I'd want to join, but their tolerance levels regarding different belief sets is phenomenal when compared to other religions it seems. And this bit about them having a poly and pagan wings sounds cool :-)

Tags
church, polyamory, unitarian, universalism