Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 10:19 PM

What happened?
Old 03-26-2012, 10:36 PM

I don't know what has gone on now, but your thread is valuable beyond yourself. This is a public forum and everyone gains from your story and other people's insight. We as mods don't delete threads for that reason. Its not just about you once you've posted, its about the readers and responders also. If we deleted all the threads that were null and void or because people requested them be deleted, we would have no forum! . Everyones story is useful and valuable; as is everyones response. They belong to the community once you hit "submit reply."

I can see how she would want to date around a bit since she had just broken up with someone previously to you cbgnar42. It sounds like she found a good thing in you at a time when she was possibly hurt and adjusting to life without her ex. It might be that she didn't really want you to expect much while she sorts herself out and find her feet again. That's not such a bad thing. Poly or not, most people need a bit of time after a relationship breaks up.

I pondered with someone just last week why people just starting out in their relationship lives (or anyone who fits this scenario) would call themselves poly if they were seeing many people who they weren't invested in. To me it was dating. The difference now is that its above board and everyone is aware of each other. For me it was about keeping people in the dark when I started out dating as that's what was expected and acceptable. I never liked that. It felt deceitful so I would agree to go steady and then feel confined. Poly dating is a term that some people use to describe their dating life now as solo polies or as monogamous people looking for the one.

Tags
dating, poly dating, single and dating, solo poly, young couple