Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 06:36 PM

Default The Fantastic Victory Thread!

Hey Everyone,

This is the spot where everyone and anyone can share how they made small victories in their new relationships.

Thanks to many responses to my posts, I decided to set myself up for success and have company over when my spouse is with our lover. A couple of people said they were busy, and right as I was starting to feel discouraged, I thought I'd ask one of our potential lovers. We ended up staying up and talking until about midnight and snuggled all night. It was such an intimate experience and I didn't feel that gut wrenching jealousy I usually feel, I actually felt compersion! Yay me!

What have been your recent revelations and victories?
Old 03-24-2012, 06:46 PM

Hi there! Have you done any searches or read all the forums here? We do already have a long thread which was started for exactly the same reasons. It's really cool that it is so long; people are meant to keep adding their success stories and it's quite uplifting to read so many in one place.

It's a permanent "sticky" at the top of the General Poly Discussions forum:

Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness.

The "Life Stories and Blogs" section here is really more for people to keep online journals/diaries.

BTW, it's so great to see your enthusiasm, which shines through in your post!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 03-24-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:22 PM

OOOOps! No, I haven't been to many other threads. I have a limited time to goof off on teh interwebs. I'm sorry for starting another similar thread. Thanks so much for the love and support! I really do feel better.