Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 01:45 PM

More time has passed, and many more insights have been gained. In fact, all of us have expressed some amount of fatigue regarding insights, epiphanies, personal discoveries, and the like. I’m currently in a state I refer to as “involuntary buddhism” because the only thing I’m capable of right now is experiencing each moment as it happens.

Nothing really substantial* has happened since I last checked in, and things are still going swimmingly. We are all still adapting to our new reality, but I don’t think any of us are having any real issues with doing so. The prevailing emotion seems to be “Wow, this is really real, isn’t it?”. So far we seem to be sharing and channeling the various energies properly, as no real tension or jealousy has cropped up.

We are butting up against the closet door, although that’s causing mostly giggles for now. We’ve each told one or two close friends, and wish that we could shout it from the rooftops. Prudence has so far carried the day, however. I do find it a bit frustrating that I can’t share the full extent of my happiness with all of my friends (“So what’s new lately?” “Oh, nothing much.” *twitch* “How about you?”) I’d also be lying if I said there wasn’t a part of me that wants to grab everyone I meet by the collar and assail them with all the juicy details. But I’ve resisted those urges. For now.

One of the things we’re still adjusting to is day to day communications. This being the 21st century and the three of us being typical well-connected geeky types, this relationship is conducted primarily via SMS and IM. We’re experimenting with various details there, such as encrypted group chat and even a bit of video chat. (If you thought that sort of thing was fun for two people… wow!)

So overall nothing to report back that everyone here isn’t already familiar with: lots of NRE, huge amounts of sexual and romantic bliss, lots of giggling and cuddling when we’re all together, and some amount of clock-watching when we’re not (nine more days!).

*We had a threesome on a popular beach. Is that substantial? Sure as hell was to us!

Tags
triad, unicorn