Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 06:10 PM

Default Adrift in name and state of being

Hello! I'll do my best to keep this brief but I'm naturallly long winded

I've been practicing polyamory on and off for the last 4 or 5 years. I'm bisexual (definitively in the middle when it comes to that despite people telling me that I eventually have to pick one, ha!) I'm currently in a poly-fi FMF triad which has been going on a little over a year.

I've been with my partner Hardy* for almost 7 years. We've had our fair share of ups and downs but we've come through them much stronger and more connected than before. I fell in love with him almost instantly and the same for him with me. While we may be rocky at times, we both feel we are almost perfect for one another.

Nancy and Hardy have known each other for years and fell hard and fast for each other a little over a year ago. They both feel that their relationship is the "it" relationship. They're relationship has been and is currentlyl very intense and passionate.

Nancy and I established our relationship a few months after her and Hardy when we realized we loved each other too. Our relationship struggles at times. We're still learning about each other and at times we both feel behind the learning curve when we look at our connections with Hardy. I think we both want this to be just as passionate and as intense but we both tend to be passive when dating women.

We all live together, sleep in the same bed, and are generally trying to have a go at this forever thing, (meaning buying a house together, planning on kids, what the future looks like for three adults in a relationship together...)
*Not their real names*

I'm currently finishing grad school and working part time while both my partners have their established career. We're pretty open about our relationship except for Nancy who could get in serious trouble with her job so I'm the "friend" and Hardy is the "fiance."

I love both of my partners dearly but sometimes poly is a major struggle for me. It does not come naturally as it does to some other folks. I have my share of insecurities, demons, fears and freak outs that my partners have been very patient and loving with. I still struggle, still question if I'm capable of doing this of if I'll ever stop being jealous of their connection to each other.

I created this profile to reach more poly folk. I've been on other forums that I've enjoyed but I wanted to try something new. I'm also looking to challenge myself to be better. Here I feel like I can have an outlet for some of my crazy without constantly worrying or upsetting my partners.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 AM

Bring on the crazy!!!...as long as it's well behaved crazy, better here sometimes than in the living room.

Now fighting, biting, scratching, name calling, that's better for living room, ...or bedroom than here.

Welcome to the Forum.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 03-14-2012, 12:19 PM

Lol! Thank you!