Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 PM

Smile Hoping to make some contacts and learn new things!

Hello all!

In the past year I've had my poly-awakening! Hooray!! I'm not practicing yet, but as those of you who've been through it before know, it can be a difficult and confusing time. I've read some books (The Ethical Slut & Opening Up), gone through the forum postings on this site and others, started seeing a poly-friendly counselor, etc. All this in an effort to better understand myself, my sexual orientation, and what I want out of life.

One of the things I'm feeling is missing from my quest for knowledge is being able to have conversations with experienced, practicing polyamorous folks. I'm hoping there are some lovely people out there in internet-land who would be willing to chat a bit with me and perhaps impart some of their personal wisdom about the ups and downs of their poly experiences. It's easy to think about the plus side of being free to explore one's own sexuality and emotional landscape, but I know it's got to be a challenge as well (although I feel it's one I'm up for.) If you are willing to share, I'm eager to hear more about the challenges of being poly and how people have dealt with them in their own way.

Feel free to comment or send me a private message if you'd like to talk!

<3 lubdub
Old 03-09-2012, 01:23 AM

Hi! Welcome!
I'm new here too
i just recently had my poly awakening i guess, though more like this weekend lol
so i havent really done as much reading as you either
but would love to talk to some other people
feel free to pm me, i have a thread in the general discussion part as well