Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 07:55 PM

I have an amazing husband who is completely supportive (emotionally and financially!) of my need to stay in regular contact with TGIB and see him more than once every year or two.

And I have an amazing partner who makes a consistent effort to stay in touch with me and include me in his life even when distance and circumstances make that really difficult.

I am so very, very lucky.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:52 AM

Default Redpepper making a difference!

Last night Redpepper facilitated a workshop on mono/poly relationships. I wasn't originally going to attend but enjoy hanging out with her and supporting her when I can. She did an excellent job and people were genuinely touched and learned something I think. I also got to give my perspective and advice to new "mono" people just starting thier journey down this path. It felt good to see Redpepper doing what she loves, and she's damn good at it!

Proud of my Lilo.
It was great to see Derby there too

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 02-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Spaminator

Default great weekend

So here I am at home for the first time since friday evening. Ended up going over to fourples other house for dinner, but it has turned into the whole weekend. It has been one fantastic love-in all weekend, much happiness and some great lovemaking, even the girls and girls and boys and boys played a bit this weekend.

I have stopped home to get a change of clothes and head back over, the ladies are baking now and i will just help out where i can. Watching the girls make love, with sincere love in it was wonderful this morning.

Some good laughing and we all even got some work done , so all the work that we have put into this relationship has been working, especially since their daughter is home this weekend.

Poly is fantastic.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:24 AM

I'm so glad I found this thread! It's been lovely reading it.

I've had some wonderful moments recently:

My husband and partner hugging each other, and saying how much they enjoyed each others' company.
Husband telling partner: "You're good to and for (Fiona), and I appreciate that."
My partner saying, "I love you. I've been wanting to say that for a long time."
The new person my husband is seeing saying "I like you and I want us to be friends" as she hugged me.
The help and support that my partner, my husband's new lady and the man I've been reconnecting with have given us.

I had been sitting at home alone tonight, trying to work through some things and feeling a bit sorry for myself, and this thread has been a wonderful inspiration. Thanks to all who have posted here!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:40 AM

I'm happy to post a success story at last! My mono husband has finally grown comfortable with my relationships with L (emotional) and C (emotional and sexual within defined boundaries) and I feel oh so happy and in love with all three! The transition nearly split my marriage apart, but finally forced us to dig deep and examine what we really want from each other. Now it feels like we are newlyweds again, expressing our love back and forth all the time.

Sexually I feel more alive than ever. I didn't know sex with my husband would get better as a result of sharing my body with another man, but it thrills me to my toes. C is amazing. It's like he found some old neglected switch in my system and flipped it to "on" and now everything is more intense. My husband struggled before with feeling like my increased libido was meant to manipulate him, like I was rewarding him for letting me be more sexually free, but now he understands that I am just excruciatingly happy and he's accepting my excitement as a positive, and not questioning it.

It's all pretty new and tenuous and I will be surprised if we don't go through more struggles as we get used to this new order, but the current state of affairs is happiness and love abounding.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 AM

Default Everyday Ordinary Happy Poly Moments

It seems that I have seen it commented on here before that we see a lot of the "work" of poly when reading the forums. We see the angst and the struggles associated with breaking out of old molds and the thrill and whirlwind of new relationships. The the NRE fades...the relationships work or they don't ...and people wander away and live their lives away from the forum.

Thank you to the "old pros" that keep up their blogs and remind us that poly isn't all about dating and beginnings but can enrich the day-to-day living of our lives.

Did something happen today that just made you smile inside? Not a big elaborate event, not a super-special present, not a momentous discovery...just an ordinary happy poly moment?
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS; married to TT, poly male
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 03-08-2012, 12:46 AM

Ordinary happy moments abound on the "sharing success and happiness" sticky. Please feel free to indulge.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:56 AM

Default Boring Happy Life

I came home from work today to find MrS and Dude all muddy and tired mixing concrete to secure the giant post for the second huge dog run they are erecting for my mutts in the backyard. Music is blaring, beers are being drank...hugs and kisses all around, share a few stories and teasing, and I head inside for my "wind down" from work time.

Tonight we will eat yesterday's leftover Chinese food, drink a few beers, watch TV/surf the internet for a bit, take showers (with company?), go to bed (with company?).

Nothing momentous or terribly exciting, just one of many, many evenings I hope to have with my boys ... doing stuff, living life.
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS; married to TT, poly male

Old 03-08-2012, 01:21 AM

Default Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Ordinary happy moments abound on the "sharing success and happiness" sticky. Please feel free to indulge.
Sorry for the duplication then.

That thread is/was a little intimidating to me ...I don't know that I am quite willing to declare "success" when our Vee has been intact for less than a year and I generally shy away from posting on threads where I haven't read every single post (at over 1000 posts it may take a while - I'm still working through all the threads tagged "vee" before I start expounding on that topic). (probably a little overly OCD, I know )

RP: Please move my second post (composed before I read the mod reply - got distracted by men with mud on them) - if it is appropriate - and delete this thread.

Last edited by JaneQSmythe; 03-08-2012 at 01:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-08-2012, 02:33 AM

I haven't posted there as well for nearly the same reasons. I just stick to my blog for those reports up to now. It seems a bit conceited to talk about success when you haven't been around for that long sometimes

My Blog

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee