Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 03:04 PM

The hierarchy of our 2 dogs is that of pets...however I do jokingly refer to them as the kids brothers. Like go let your brothers in ....or you need to put food in your brothers bowl.

Here where the lines get blurry .....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

Do you think their mugs shots are up at all the area animal shelters ????? God I'd like to be on a flight he be working....funny thing I just came back from AZ not to long ago .....I might have been.

Hey., they said your wife's not fit to fuck a dog I stuck up for you and her I said she was......wait for the laugh.....

Last edited by dingedheart; 03-02-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:30 PM

lolololol @ dinged !

Someone needs to mention the 'No humans allowed' apartment rentals. Pets only. Or the puppy classes, where they teach the dogs to sign-off on your DNR if you end up on a death-bed.

I find it slightly ironic/disturbing that this is even a question. ( In the context of personal lives. ) If someone I was with, told me they thought animals more important then humans, and I then found out the cat gets hit by a car, and the dog rehomed, I`d be plenty scared where I might end up.

These animal threads always amuse me.

Last edited by SourGirl; 03-02-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:03 PM

Knowing you and how much like to bite ....we'd have to find a nice home in the country with lots of space for you to run....wink wink ..nudge nudge.... Please stop biting random people.

Last edited by dingedheart; 03-02-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
Knowing you and much like to bite ....we'd have to find a nice home in the country with lots of space for you to run....wink wink ..nudge nudge.... Please stop biting random people.
~~~*You and me baby, ain`t nothing but mammals,......*~~~

No, no it`s the tongue and drooling that gets me in trouble.
I've had my rabies shot.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
lolololol @ dinged !

Someone needs to mention the 'No humans allowed' apartment rentals. Pets only. Or the puppy classes, where they teach the dogs to sign-off on your DNR if you end up on a death-bed.

I find it slightly ironic/disturbing that this is even a question. ( In the context of personal lives. ) If someone I was with, told me they thought animals more important then humans, and I then found out the cat gets hit by a car, and the dog rehomed, I`d be plenty scared where I might end up.

These animal threads always amuse me.
Do you feel the same way about people with mental problems, who also can't do those things? That's basically all pets are. They just can't think the same way as the majority of us. They still have emotion. Often more open to showing them than their human counterparts too.

People also do get hit by cars and rehomed all the time. I really don't understand your logic here. Car accidents are very common in most countries where there are a lot of cars, strangely enough. A car doesn't see what it hits as human, dog or lamp post and I imagine the drivers very rarely plan to run anyone or thing over. Even those that do would usually target people or property to drive their cars into, rather than next door's cat that keep shitting in the garden.

We have entire blocks of flats [appartments] made especially for old people and orphans. Children in care will usually go live with another family. Those who have real trouble living every day life will often be taken to facilities that can care for them.

In short, you could have just answered "no".
=]
Old 03-03-2012, 06:21 AM

I think that what SourGirl was saying is that it would be hypocritical if someone she was with talked the big talk about seeing animals as important, or more important, than people -- and yet let the cat out for it to be hit by a car or gave the dog away. There are people who say things like that and their actions prove otherwise.

For myself, I've lived with cats pretty much all my life and they have been very important to me, though I can't say more important than people. I have had to make painful decisions to give my furry friends away when I couldn't keep them, or to forgo expensive surgery for a cat because I didn't have the money. Were that a human being, of course, I wouldn't say to the doctor, "Oh, no, I can't afford to pay for my husband's surgery, so please euthanize him instead." But I had to do that with my 20-year-old blind and toothless cat who had been with me since he was a kitten. I stayed in bed for three solid days afterward, but it was the humane choice.

I cried a lot about the animals that were lost in Hurricane Katrina, the Indonesian Tsunami, the Haitian earthquake, and other disasters, and have contributed to funds that help people afford to spay and neuter their pets, protect elephants from poachers, give homes to abused animals retired from show business, and preserve near-extinct species - but if I had to choose between saving the life of a child or that of an animal, it would have to be the child. I would try and send someone back to rescue the animal, but how could I face anyone if I voluntarily left the child behind?

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

Last edited by nycindie; 03-03-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post

In short, you could have just answered "no".
Nycindie was right, and you are wrong .
The confusion is actually my fault.
These are actually important subjects to me, and my life,..I deal with the people who can`t wrap their brain around reality, regarding pets, or animals in general.
So when I see the extreme attitudes, (either end.) ......I try to be light-hearted,...but my sarcasm,..well,..it boil-ith over sometimes.

As for what I just quoted, if you only want to hear from people that agree with you, just make a note in your threads at the beginning, otherwise you don`t get to dictate my answer.

Last edited by SourGirl; 03-03-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:46 PM

My Boston terrier taught me more about loving someone difficult than anyone else. She was a neglected/abused rescue whose first instinct when frightened or threatened was to bite. She was also one of the smartest dogs I've ever met, incredibly loving in spite of her history and genetics (I'm pretty sure she was from a puppy mill), playful, charming and funny as hell. It took Beaker and I years to understand her - eventually she mellowed considerably. She was a great gift and I will miss her for the rest of my life.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:32 PM

Sad update to that AZ news story ...the couple has 3 kids and we all know how mean kids can be. And the worst part of loving animals tooo much is they now have to get rid of the 2 family dogs ...Pomeranian's. I guess size does matter

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...-mesa-02282012

She's a photographer wonder what kind of stuff they'll find on her computer...

Last edited by dingedheart; 03-03-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:17 PM

At breakfast with a friends the other day I learned that on of the guys wife was leaving him. She done this several times before so not completely shocking ....and he seemed happy and relieved by it. However she was going to take the dogs ....that part almost had him in tears. He was actually happy to be rid of her but the dogs really got him. Luckily they're pretty old so he won't to have to deal with putting them down.

Tags
animals, discussion, humans, importance, pets