Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 02:21 AM

Default After many years, this seems like the place.

Married monogamously for 15 years, then in serial monogamy for another 15, it sort of looks like that pattern hasn't worked. As a man with traditional personal values, making this leap into polyamory seems a bit like a free fall without an anchor. But, on the other hand it may be the right choice for me.

So, I'm just getting started and would like to meet people and discuss the options. My profile tells a bit more of what I do and contains several photos of who I am and things I make. I've built everything from guitars to houses, and continue to want to create physical structures. As well, writing and art are a strong interest.

Last edited by FrankLee; 02-29-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:31 AM

Welcome to the forum. I love this place
Old 03-05-2012, 04:18 PM

Default hello

I think the appeal of this forum is that it gives one space to explore thoughts which general society would not allow. The people here are empathetic, considerate, intelligent and (so rare in many online forums, whether personal or business related) well mannered!
Already I have been able to understand and explore my feelings in relation to non-monogamy vs. polyamory, hierarchy in relationships, jealousy vs. insecurity. It doesn't answer questions, but it makes me more aware of the questions I should be asking myself and gives me food for thought.
I enjoy that intellectual space enormously. Whether there are enough UK members to ever want to take that offline, or indeed if I ever would, I don't know. I am a long way from that I think!

Tags
" "mature man", "north carolina