Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2012, 05:09 AM

Default I'm delusional!

I have been with my husband since I was 15 (24 years this March) and my boyfriend for 2 years in March. They were friends back in high school, but no longer consider themselves friends. My bf lives in another state and I see him probably every 10 weeks. My husband was seeing a woman in CA but they seem to be over it. My husband seemed completely comfortable with everything until my jealousy reared it's ugly head when I found out my bf had been lying and was cheating on me with another woman. This woman and I knew nothing of each other. I also, selfishly I know, wanted my bf to be monogamous, as he held the same belief as me (or so he said) - that we only have sex with someone we love. My husband believes sex is sex - and feelings do not necessarily become a factor. When I found out about the cheating I freaked and just wanted us to all be together. They both have adamently said that will never happen. It kills me as I love them both and think their jealousy would lessen if we were all together. How naive am I to want this? Am I making both of these men do something they don't want to do, or really don't believe in? I love them both.

Tags
miscommunication, safe sex