Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 PM

Anxious.

I haven't heard back about the job yet and I've got a first date here in a little over an hour.

I feel good about the job, and they said they where probably making the final decision today about the job, not that I'd hear from them today about it. They've called my references and made a comment that made one of my friends think I was in. Now I just need to wait for the official word.

Other then that, I'm feeling damn good. Lots of good things happening right now in my life.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:14 PM

Learned how to use PowerPoint for my computer class this week. Three days and about six hours a day, (changing colors, animations, fonts and digging for info) and I feel like I ended up with a fairly good product. After checking out some of the other powerpoint presentations, I feel really good about mine.
On a similar note, I really really need a vacation. Too much work and no fun equals misery.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castalia View Post
Learned how to use PowerPoint for my computer class this week.
Good for you! It's actually pretty fun. However, this is one area where having teenagers in the house is a REAL advantage. I don't have to figure it out anymore, just pass it off to the boy and it usually comes out pretty nice. Mind you, I've been using power point for years, but if I pretend to be computer illiterate, the boy OFFERS to do it for me.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:26 PM

I love PowerPoint. I've made a few with movies and sound files embedded - I always get an A!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 02-25-2012, 01:43 AM

Man. Just had a spectacular conversation with Lovely, laughter a-plenty. Then she asked me if I'm seeing anyone else. I told her I see dead people, and then she wanted a serious answer. So I told her we should save that conversation for when we're face-to-face, instead of over the phone. Not because I'm avoiding anything, but because I'd rather talk about that stuff in person! Then the conversation trailed off and she sent me a text amounting to the death of our 1-day romance. T'was a slice, Lovely.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:45 AM

Oh and I had a window open in the Relationships board, typing up a question "Ladies - if you were monogamous, how would you want a poly guy to reveal his cards?", anticipating the conversation. But then BAM! shattered D:
Old 02-25-2012, 01:55 AM

Damn poly that sucks *hugs*

I'm in a bad mood today. I wanted to take B out to eat on Sunday because it's the 2 year anniversary of when we started dating. But all she wants to do is sit at home so it's up to me to get rid of our roommate and his friends for the day so I can do something romantic. Also it feels like she always gets what she wants no matter what and she only takes other peoples' feelings into account after the fact. I mean she's always willing to go hang out with her friends and spend hours sitting at school waiting for the guy she likes to have free time to talk to her but whenever I wanna go out and do something she doesn't wanna go. And I'm tired of being stuck at the house all day with nothing to do. She always has the car at school and I don't have a cell phone. All of my friends are at school too and I don't feel welcome there since our ex is there and B's man friend is there and he feels awkward talking to her if I'm around. It just blows. I have to sit around the house all day replaying the same video games over and over and staring at the internet. All I want is to go out on a date every once in awhile but she's too tired every day to go out with me and we don't get alone time at the house because our roommate is always here or B's stoner friends are always here.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyFM View Post
...she asked me if I'm seeing anyone else. I told her I see dead people, and then she wanted a serious answer. So I told her we should save that conversation for when we're face-to-face, instead of over the phone. Not because I'm avoiding anything, but because I'd rather talk about that stuff in person! Then the conversation trailed off and she sent me a text amounting to the death of our 1-day romance...

Oh and I had a window open in the Relationships board, typing up a question "Ladies - if you were monogamous, how would you want a poly guy to reveal his cards?", anticipating the conversation. But then BAM! shattered D:
Well, that would seem a good reason why most poly peeps advise getting the truth out about being poly right away. Personally, I wouldn't have avoided the answer as you did, but would've had a good one prepared. But in a recent thread, you said you were "flying solo at the moment." Are you in a relationship right now? Or did you just want to save talking about poly for when you'd see her in person?

"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 02-25-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdpower13 View Post
I have to sit around the house all day replaying the same video games over and over and staring at the internet.
Um, no you don't. Stand up for yourself!

Old 02-25-2012, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie
Personally, I wouldn't have avoided the answer as you did, but would've had a good one prepared
You've got no argument from me. Poor response on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Are you in a relationship right now?
Not at the moment, but that’s on its way to changing and I didn’t want to let her assume that by “no I’m not seeing anyone” I meant “yes I’m available for monogamy” (she was throwing some serious mono vibes) I probably should have said “no” and then saved the disclaimer for in-person conversation, but I don’t think that would have changed the end result.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update