Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2012, 06:35 PM

Default update

Thanks Dragonfly. have taken some time for emotions to settle.
he feels we 3 should meet to talk together (he, I and her). He feels its best to do this in a low key way, without actually discussing all the drama at hand, maybe to do something together (virtual yes, but we are used to it) and try to get a read on our current chemistry together.

I'll keep you all updated. Meanwhile he's making an effort for assurances that I know we are still together while we try hard to work this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflysky View Post
Obviously it isn't just YOU who has created the disconnect between husband and wife. Yes it sounds like she's in a difficult job/living situation, but YOU did not create that situation. That situation was going to happen regardless of your role in their lives. The stresses may have be intensified with you entering their lives, but part of her "Fragile" state is caused by a choice SHE made...or perhaps THEY made....to accept employment and move away from her husband. (I'm not saying the choice wasn't necessary, but I question how much ownership on the wife's behalf is going on here.)

So you and he are expected to put your relationship on hold because her life hasn't gone the way they expected or hoped?? Does this mean that anytime a partner has something difficult in their life, they can request that the other partners back off on their relationship??? It sounds to me that she has some decisions to make about whether or not to keep her current job and live apart from her husband. This is a decision that COULD be made regardless of whether or not her husband and you have a relationship. Perhaps instead of wanting the two of you to back off with each other, she should decide what she wants to do with her job/living situation....do it...and then talk about what next.

Since your guy sees her as "fragile" or "ill", however, it may be in your best interest to chose to back away for awhile...for your own sanity.... until HE can be clear about what he truly wants and whether or not he's willing to make some difficult choices.

Tags
break-ups, primary, primary/secondary, triad, vee