*hugs* Happy New Year.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Good night to you too my friend. Sleep well and enjoy your New Years Eve
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
*hugs* Happy New Year.
Thank you both. =] The new year has been just like any other day for me really. But I have lots of plans for the rest of this year and hope to reach a lot of new goals. =] Things are looking up.
=]
Old 01-10-2012, 05:33 AM

It's has been my birthday for about 5 and a half hours now and although it really is just another day and always is, every year; The fact that this one makes me 20, has me feeling rather different to usual.

I think the main reason has to be the obvious, I'M NO LONGER A BLOODY TEENAGER! Woo! I expect a sudden drop in people expecting me to act like a moron and hopefully beginning to treat me like the adult I have been since a long time now. I'm not saying I'll be treated fairly at all, as I am still young and in a crappy job, of course. Still live with my mother... =P But hey, it's amazing what the "-teen" suffix can do to someone's perception of someone. I know I hate teenagers myself.

But it's also had me thinking that, half my life ago, I don't even remember my existence. I don't remember anything in the slightest being 10 years old. Is that perhaps a sign that when I'm 40, I won't remember anything from this year? I hope not. I feel this is really a year when things move up for me. I've taken a lot off my shoulders the end of last year and found a place I'm happy once again. So off I go to make it a year worth remembering 20 years from now...
=]
Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 PM

Happy Birthday my friend Make this year exactly what you want it to be!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 01-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
...half my life ago, I don't even remember my existence. I don't remember anything in the slightest being 10 years old. Is that perhaps a sign that when I'm 40, I won't remember anything from this year?
Well, not anything, but yes, most stuff about your early 20s you will forget, along with where you left your glasses ("Oops! They're on top of my head!"), but that will be a good thing, believe me. Eventually you look back on your 20s as that stage in your life where you can't help but roll your eyes to think of it.

However, until then... enjoy! Happy B'day!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-11-2012, 12:40 AM

The great thing about being 20 in this day and age is that it is sooo easy to record events. You can buy a camera for next to nothing. Or you can do what I do.. I save all of the ticket stubs from various events - anything from movie tickets to concerts to amusement parks. I'm not quite 23 and I've already forgotten stuff that I did when I was 20, but the important things I saved.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:01 AM

i think most people have cameras these days, even if they didn't want one. Most phones come with a basic one at least. =P But surprisingly, photos don't always help me remember. I have tickets from events and things too. I just keep them because they are nice to have. =]

I've been around computers for as long as I can remember and been using them myself since about 4 or 5 years old. But still there are large gaps in my life that I don't have any memory of.

Thankfully, indie, I don't wear glasses... yet. One of my eyes are definitely going though. Should get a check up. =P But I forget where I put things all the time. It helps to have specific places where I keep things. But as soon as I do something lazy, like leave it the closest place to me, I forget it completely. I went out sunday without my phone, because I'd put it on my bed, rather than my desk. =P Only noticed when I was shopping, because I needed to ask my mother what kind of cheese I needed.

Thanks Mono, I'll certainly push myself to do so. Some good plans and money coming in slowly, so hopefully I can really make a push for things. =]
=]
Old 02-23-2012, 05:56 AM

"Push yourself to make the best of a bad situation."

Really trying to keep on a smile and be a lot more productive this year. I ended up losing what little I had of a job a bit back. Just got the last of my money through. Not really enough to do much with, but it'll come in handy at some point, I'm sure.

Things haven't gone all that well with the latest lady to enter my life either. A very short lasting relationship.

But I do have music to look forward to. Got things brewing and more plans being sorted. Always got my friends to help me when I'm down too.

Spending a lot of my time right now watching a lot of films. Would be cool to get some suggestions. Probably won't watch them all, but I'm all for an interesting story. =]
=]
Old 02-23-2012, 04:28 PM

Hugs to you, Somegeezer.

2012 has gotten off to a rocky start for lots of people I know. Hopefully it'll improve as we all get into it.

IP
Old 02-24-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitePossibility View Post
Hugs to you, Somegeezer.

2012 has gotten off to a rocky start for lots of people I know. Hopefully it'll improve as we all get into it.

IP
Thank you. I'm happy that it's not nearly as terrible as last year though. =] Things seem to not be dragging me down all that much so far.
=]

Tags
blog, clarity, fresh, life, somegeezer