Hello Poly Friends

Rachel

Hello Poly Friends,

By way of introduction, I am a 56-year-old MtF "late blooming" transgender woman who is in the process of separating from a long marriage -- largely because I'm a MtF "late blooming" transgender woman who fell in love with a very straight hetero monogamous woman. I'm going through a rather painful time right now but looking to reinvent myself in more ways than one.

I figure since I am putting an end to repressed feelings in one category, I might as well put an end to them in all categories. I have always been interested in polyamory and years ago came to the conclusion that some form of polyamory is really how human beings are most naturally inclined to live (which is not to say that monogamy cannot work for some people, as it plainly does, but for most of us, I think people adhere to monogamy out of social conditioning rather than natural inclination). In the late 70s, I saw some large poly intentional communities in operation in the SF Bay Area. (Anyone remember Kerista Village or U-Lab II?) They were a little too cult-like for my taste, especially Kerista, but there were some good people there and I saw some good possibilities for alternative ways of living.

I live in Southern Illinois right now but I am looking to make a career and residential change (along with changing everything else!) and am looking for legal work (as an attorney) in one of the Coastal urban areas. My top choices would be Boston, New York, D.C. or Portland, Oregon. I am determined to relocate to one of these cities in 2012. Stay tuned!

Wow! That is a lot of adjustment all at once. Best of luck with everything.

On a side note, I will be moving to Portland soon and so far I have heard NOTHING bad about it especially when it comes to the LGBT/queer community. :)

Back