Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
Also, Hellsing kicks ass!
Woot, heh :-). You see the first anime version, or the remake?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:54 PM

They may be the safe answers, but both Cowboy BeBop and Samurai Champloo have poly undertones. And the writing and character development is incredible to the point where I have to be forced to watch the final episodes again because I already know what's coming and I don't want to go there.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:19 PM

I've just finished going through Maria Holic on Hulu.com and really enjoyed it I also enjoyed Paranoia Agent, though I didn't see all of it and it really creeped me out.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Woot, heh :-). You see the first anime version, or the remake?

I've seen the entire first anime version and most of the remake; Runic Wolf needs to remember to put it on a flash drive for me.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 PM

Funny tidbit, our four year old is named after an assassin in an anime. The character in question is sweet and innocent looking but dangerous when she gets started. The kiddo is holding up to her namesake.

Gamerboy likes the more depressing, but amazingly well done kind. Gunslinger Girl, Noir and WitchBlade.
I like the more upbeat colorful ones. Saber Marionette J, (I haven't finished this one yet, I love the semi poly arrangement), Kiddy Grade, BubbleGum Crisis, (the newer version) and Rune Soldier, (which reminds me of D&D).
Right now we are watch Needless, which is ridiculous and amusing.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
I've seen the entire first anime version and most of the remake; Runic Wolf needs to remember to put it on a flash drive for me.
I see, heh :-).
Old 02-10-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castalia View Post
Funny tidbit, our four year old is named after an assassin in an anime. The character in question is sweet and innocent looking but dangerous when she gets started. The kiddo is holding up to her namesake.
Can we atleast know what anime is involved, laugh ;-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castalia View Post
Gamerboy likes the more depressing, but amazingly well done kind. Gunslinger Girl, Noir and WitchBlade.
I like the more upbeat colorful ones. Saber Marionette J, (I haven't finished this one yet, I love the semi poly arrangement), Kiddy Grade, BubbleGum Crisis, (the newer version) and Rune Soldier, (which reminds me of D&D).
Right now we are watch Needless, which is ridiculous and amusing.
Right now, I'm watching Rozen maiden, which I think fits a similar description :-p.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:39 PM

M favorites would have to be Evangelion, the Funimation dub of One Piece, Black Lagoon, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdpower13 View Post
M favorites would have to be Evangelion, the Funimation dub of One Piece, Black Lagoon, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop.
Evangelion was the first anime series I ever saw, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. It reminds me most of Rah Xephon, which I liked better, but it was different as well. I think that both Rah Xephon and Evangelion could be seen as stories that include World War II and its aftermath, only their reactions to the event differ. I saw a bit of Cowboy Bebop, wasn't that impressed. Haven't seen the others you mentioned yet.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:31 PM

The first anime I saw was Paranoia Agent and it was weird as fuck. Evangelion was second though and became my favorite. I am currently enjoying the new Rebuild of Evangelion movie series because it can almost be seen as a sequel as well as a remake if you pay attention to subtle clues.

One Piece is about pirates and that's why I love it even if they aren't traditional pirates. If you do watch it dubbed though watch the Funimation version. 4Kids dubbed it back in the '90s and made it more "kid-friendly" which means they ruined it. If you watch it subbed I think there are over 400 episodes and dubbed is up to 200 now.

Black Lagoon is about a group of mercenaries.

Trigun is hard to explain. It's like a post-apocalyptic futuristic old west anime with a big twist.