Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 03:32 PM

Well I was way, way off. It was 9/03/2011. Her name is/was FancyDancy and it is in the Poly relationship corner...currently pg 23. I'm going to attempt to do a link...however ..(old dog new trick )...but if I fail at least you can find it this way.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13998

this link was made possible by the generous efforts of Redpepper ...thanks for the help.

Last edited by dingedheart; 02-08-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
Well I was way, way off. It was 9/03/2011. Her name is/was FancyDancy and it is in the Poly relationship corner...currently pg 23. I'm going to attempt to do a link...however ..(old dog new trick )...but if I fail at least you can find it this way.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13998

this link was made possible by the generous efforts of Redpepper ...thanks for the help.
yay... glad I am useful for something.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 PM

Thanks dingedheart! I had read that thread months ago but I didn't remember about it, probably because I never thought it would happen to me. It reads differently now. So what happened to your relationship structure, did you divorce?

I don't think I like the "fake it till you feel it". I don't want to fake anything. We talked about it and we'll give it time and take the pressure off it. We've lost the lust for short periods before, and it came back, so why over worry now if we didn't then.

He didn't date anyone during the last 5 months, but he's about to start seeing someone now, nycindie. Our date night was Friday, and I neglected it because that's one of the few days my OSO is in town. It feels so stupid now! But we did take up tango lessons recently... we'll see what happens.

Thank you all for your replies!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaE View Post
Our date night was Friday, and I neglected it because that's one of the few days my OSO is in town. It feels so stupid now!
You can always reschedule date night.

The important thing, whether you have a regular designated date night or not, is to make sure not to let time with hubs slide into just being all about the mundane household stuff. Keeping passion alive takes effort. But it sounds like tango lessons will help with that - how fun!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 02-15-2012, 03:05 PM

Just went to fancydancy page and discovered two things 1) she hasn't been here since she posted back in Aug and 2) you already know this. You beat me there.
So follow up with her seems dead.

During this has your husband noticed this shift in you...."kind of liking sex" with him ? How he been with everything so far?

Is he excited to start dating and find romantic partners? Or is this a response to a gap?

My situation is still the same or dragging on. We live separately and have very sporadic communications so in effect it feels like what I imagine a divorce would feel like. Around Christmas one of her brothers became deathly ill and could be on his way out. So that crisis has her full attention at the moment. I put off any legal decisions of divorce until she was mentally sound enough to handle such an event. I know how you feel... I to wish she'd find someone else ...in my case "relieved" would be understating it.

Tags
nre;