Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2012, 02:31 AM

Default overreacting maybe...

so i've been with my GF for 10+ years, friends for longer. along comes polyamory. about 4 1/2 months ago. the other guy's about an hour and a half away, and she has gone to visit him for between a week to as long as 2 weeks at a time. only a couple times though really. i am used to the visiting and have stopped freaking out over my own internal thoughts about the 2 of them TOGETHER. but tonight she is on the phone with him right next to me on the couch, and though SHE is not saying anything particularly sexy, i can hear every word he's saying (loud phone!) and he is making jokes about getting sick because of kissing her, something about his d1ck ... i dunno, nothing like phone sex, at all, really. but just the fact that he is saying these things and giving me the images that i'm getting made me really uncomfortable. i asked her if she could talk in another room (maybe none to diplomatically) and now i think she's miffed. (i should have moved myself and explained / talked later.)

but anyway, i'm just letting off steam here, really i didn't expect that reaction from myself. i felt all irrational and was probably rude when i asked her about going into another room to talk. guh! why the hell is this so complicated!!!!????

i guess the thing is that i am not at the stage where i can be ok with them touching and being overtly affectionate in front of me, and in a way i saw this conversation as a bit too intimate for my comfort right now. honestly i don't even know if i like this guy yet. he's like 24 to our 40. (!!!) and he's on a whole different mental/emotional level.

anyway if you read this far thanks! ff