Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 PM
newatthis newatthis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 12
Default totally new

Very new to this would like to chat to others who are involved in poly relationships looking forward to advice and new friends
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Danny40179's Avatar
Danny40179 Danny40179 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 241
Default

Hey new. This is definately the right place if you want advice and some great friends! I've only been a member for a short time and I love it here. Tell us some more about what you're looking for or want. Have you ever had any experience in the Poly lifestyle? Inquiring minds wanna know!
__________________

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2009, 10:47 PM
WaywardDruid's Avatar
WaywardDruid WaywardDruid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central California
Posts: 277
Thumbs up Poly Chat

There is a poly chat room on the net where you might converse with some other poly folks.

PolyamoryChat

It can get busy at times but you might find it empty most of the time also. After all Poly people don't spend all day on the computer, we do get out and about. So you might also check to see if there are any Poly Groups that meet in your area? Here in Santa Cruz California area there are meet up groups that meet monthly for munch and chat and discussion.



Just some thoughts - Me,
Tim
__________________
Round & round the circle goes.
We seek the ones who will share in love.
In our dreams the answers come.
Round & round the circle goes.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-21-2009, 02:15 AM
newatthis newatthis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 12
Red face Hey Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny40179 View Post
Hey new. This is definately the right place if you want advice and some great friends! I've only been a member for a short time and I love it here. Tell us some more about what you're looking for or want. Have you ever had any experience in the Poly lifestyle? Inquiring minds wanna know!
I have never been involved in the Poly Lifestyle, however I was friends with a Poly Family. I guess thats when I started to think about it, and my interest was "tweaked" Hmmmm what I am looking for? Well I am single it would be nice to meet someone, but a guy at this point even thou I am bi. New friends would also be nice with people who are already apart of this lifestyle. I have been going thru a trying medical time with my Daughter who is ten and I have always thought it would be so nice to have the support of my "immediate family" as well as my other family members. So I guess we will see what this brings me
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-21-2009, 02:16 AM
newatthis newatthis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 12
Red face :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardDruid View Post
There is a poly chat room on the net where you might converse with some other poly folks.

PolyamoryChat

It can get busy at times but you might find it empty most of the time also. After all Poly people don't spend all day on the computer, we do get out and about. So you might also check to see if there are any Poly Groups that meet in your area? Here in Santa Cruz California area there are meet up groups that meet monthly for munch and chat and discussion.



Just some thoughts - Me,
Tim
Well thankyou for your thoughts, I will be looking onto all of your suggestions

Claire
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-21-2009, 02:34 AM
MonoVCPHG's Avatar
MonoVCPHG MonoVCPHG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Redpepper's heart
Posts: 4,742
Default

Welcome to the Forum!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-21-2009, 03:09 AM
newatthis newatthis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 12
Talking Hey :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Welcome to the Forum!!
well thankyou very much
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Danny40179's Avatar
Danny40179 Danny40179 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 241
Default

Good luck Claire! I also hope that everything is well with your daughter.
__________________

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-21-2009, 05:18 PM
alphafour alphafour is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newatthis View Post
Very new to this would like to chat to others who are involved in poly relationships looking forward to advice and new friends

I am new to this myself. I hope it isn't taboo for two newbies to hook up.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Danny40179's Avatar
Danny40179 Danny40179 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 241
Default

I don't think it's taboo, so long as the right reasons are in place. I am slightly scared of the term hook up though. Just has certain implications. Anyway, welcome and good luck finding what you are all looking for.
__________________

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 AM.