Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 08:37 PM

Default Help with Poly-friendly attorney in VA!

Is there anyone who knows a poly-friendly custody attorney in Cville or any surrounding areas? It has become glaringly obvious my ex and I cannot resolve differences on our own, and I desperately need to take legal action before it gets any worse.

My ex keeps giving me crap about being interested in polyamory and is using my daughter as the reason....things have gotten ugly and it's time to take action before the tide turns against me.

There is of course much more history to this story that I will divulge when I have the opportunity....but right now I need help!!

I am the primary caregiver for my daughter, and my ex and I have been split up since early Aug 09.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:35 PM

Here are a few suggestions: Call your local Attorney Bar Association, they usually have a referral service and ask them if they know of any in your area. You might also check and see if they have a State or County Bar Association that you could google and find on the internet. Custody issues are usually handled by Family Law attorneys. Also, if you can find any type of attorney that handles polyamory issues you might contact one of them and ask if they could give you a referral in your area for a family law poly friendly attorney (even if it is an attorney in a nearby state, they may have some suggestions). Needless to say, I work for an attorney in california but we do criminal law. Following are some sites you might try as well in your search.

Lawyers Find A Lawyer, Law Firm, Attorney & Legal Services: www.martindale.com

www.lawyers.com, www.attorneys.com

Good luck with your search.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:17 AM

Polychromatic hosts a list of poly friendly professionals of many types. Maybe they can help.
http://www.polychromatic.com/pfp/main.php
Old 11-17-2009, 01:33 PM

There's a poly attorney in northern Virginia named Catherine Fey - I'm having trouble finding her on the 'net and am out of time just now, but she may be the closest to you. Full name Catherine Jezebel Fey.