Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Ive just been made redundant, FFS!

The good bit is, I'll get a package, enough to last a year without working, and Ive got some prospects lined up for another permanent job, and some contracting possibilities.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:27 AM

About ready to dash my cell phone off the balcony and do without a phone! POS! Can NOT wait four more months for upgrade time! No money to buy another either. I WILL make it through, I will make it, I will make it!

No work tomorrow (today) as it's super slow so they're forcing us to take a day off (vacation or lay off, take your pick). Not happy about this as I don't have the money in my vacation accrual to make the day a vacation day and can't afford to have it other wise. Fortunately, for my mental state, the decision was taken out of my hands and they voluntold us that we weren't working *sigh*.

Health--allergies suck. Hoping the day off will help alleviate some of it.

Kids--exam time so stressed.

Relationships--awesome! Breathes is his usual wonderful self. Possibility.....well, he's Possibility, 'nuff said.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:46 AM

Hard few weeks. Have been watching a very close family member die and then have been getting together with the rest of my family to organise the funeral.

All went very well. Funeral was a fitting tribute to a truly amazing human being.

Today I have done something that I know he would have approved and have entered an off road running race.

Tonight I will spend the evening eating and drinking with a group of people who loved and cherished him almost as much as I did. The funeral reminded me just how many people there are who I think of as family and who consider themselves also to be my family. So it seems right to spend tonight with several of those people having fun.

Going to try and convince my SO to join me if he has time.

Hugs to you all.

IP
Old 01-28-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitePossibility View Post
Hard few weeks. Have been watching a very close family member die and then have been getting together with the rest of my family to organise the funeral.

All went very well. Funeral was a fitting tribute to a truly amazing human being.

Today I have done something that I know he would have approved and have entered an off road running race.

Tonight I will spend the evening eating and drinking with a group of people who loved and cherished him almost as much as I did. The funeral reminded me just how many people there are who I think of as family and who consider themselves also to be my family. So it seems right to spend tonight with several of those people having fun.

Hugs to you all.

IP
*hugs* I'm sorry for you loss. Runic Wolf and I understand a little too well what it's like to lose an amazing human being. Enjoy the time with those you are blessed to call family.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitePossibility View Post

Hugs to you all.

IP
I'm sorry for your loss. We've had to deal with a funeral every year for the past 4 years with another one on the way (my uncle is in hospice). I understand all to well how that feels. Enjoy your family, by blood, choice, or heart, and give yourself some time to heal.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:40 PM

Runic Wolf's uncle passed away this afternoon. We're still waiting to hear when the services will be. I'm so fucking tired of death. His uncle was a pretty fun guy, if a little bit touched in the head. He will be missed. I wish that there was more that I could do to support his family though this. I just want to wrap his cousin in my arms and let her cry. She was headed home from work to put on a brave face for her father and Runic Wolf is doing the same for his mother. . . . they are always so strong for everyone else. I hope they know that I can be the rock for them.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:58 AM

Default Hey. Long time, eh?

Greetings, Friends and Loved ones.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:06 AM

Tired of up and down weather, plus massive dust at work, causing sinus issues!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:51 PM

A new semester has begun and I have my first night of classes this evening. Somehow, I got the courses and schedule I wanted. Looking forward to it, but still can't seem to drum up the same kind of enthusiasm for school I used to have.

The last 18 months since my husband and I separated has been rougher and more emotionally tumultuous than I could have imagined. One would think that without children or real property, it would have been easy, but that has not been the case. Creditors call me every damn day, I live on my student loans, and the divorce hasn't progressed at all. I look in the mirror and can't believe how much my face is drooping downward around my mouth - it looks like I've had the ability to smile surgically removed.

So, last night I made a list of four "touchstones" I will strive for in my life, with the goal of "maximizing my happiness."

Sigh... okay. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I'm going to put my big girl panties on and make it a good one.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-31-2012, 10:57 PM

My son has a hopefully awesome semester coming up! ALL courses he absolutely LOVES! I'm hoping this will motivate him to do his best and bring home acceptable grades without the drudgery of constantly nagging and getting phone calls from teachers because they're worried about him or want to let me know that his grades are sub par and that he needs to pull an A on the exam to even scrape a passing grade .

Onward and upward!

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update