Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 07:35 PM

Could you all please send good vibes, prayers and good thoughts towards Marksbabygirl`s husband, herself, and their family. For those that don`t know her, she is a member of this site. ( conincidently, started the redux of this thread.)

MBG`s husband became very ill on January 19th. At first they thought it was just a stomach-flu bug. As he has other major health problems, it soon became apparent that he needed to see a doctor.
Short version : An initial diagnosis of pancreatitis, had them believing he was very sick, but with the right treatment, he would get better.
He got worse, much worse. At one point after switching hospitals, they were told to prepare for the worse. A doctor recommended a surgery that might improve his odds, so MBG`s husband, went into surgery, and much to the relief of family and friends, survived it. He is now making small steps in the right direction.

I talked to MBG this morning, and she would really appreciate any well-wishes. There is a long recovery process as he improves. MBG will need all the care and support she can get.
If you don`t know about this already, please send prayers. Even if you don`t believe in the power of prayer for yourself, this is for someone else who does.

Thanks all.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:46 PM

Best wishes for your health dh of MBG.

I haven't prayed since my early teens, but if you wish for it, I will send a prayer to you in my own way. Get well and do it as soon as possible, there are loved ones waiting for you.

My Blog
Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phy View Post
Best wishes for your health dh of MBG.

I haven't prayed since my early teens, but if you wish for it, I will send a prayer to you in my own way. Get well and do it as soon as possible, there are loved ones waiting for you.
Thanks Phy, I know it will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:36 AM

I commented on how I was doing in this post in my blog thread. Other then that, managing.. nice to have found this poly forum, was missing having a forum to talk to fellow poly people :-)
Old 01-25-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
Could you all please send good vibes, prayers and good thoughts towards Marksbabygirl`s husband, herself, and their family.
SG, thanks for sharing this.

MGB, I'm so sorry to hear of Mark's current health struggles. Sending hugs and vibes for a full and speedy recovery!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 01-25-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
Could you all please send good vibes, prayers and good thoughts towards Marksbabygirl`s husband, herself, and their family.
Absolutely! Thank you for the heads up, SG.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:36 PM

As for me, I'm enjoying all of the different shades of ouch I am turning after spending yesterday at the mercy of Wendigo and Runic Wolf.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
As for me, I'm enjoying all of the different shades of ouch I am turning after spending yesterday at the mercy of Wendigo and Runic Wolf.
You're welcome. I do try.

As for myself, I'm putting about the internet trying to plumb my creative side for the right kind of ideas. I've got Zombieland in the background, atm, and coming up blank on what I "need" to work on. That's the problem with a muse. sometimes she cooperates. Sometimes she decides you need to do something against the grain.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Ive just been made redundant, FFS!

The good bit is, I'll get a package, enough to last a year without working, and Ive got some prospects lined up for another permanent job, and some contracting possibilities.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:27 AM

About ready to dash my cell phone off the balcony and do without a phone! POS! Can NOT wait four more months for upgrade time! No money to buy another either. I WILL make it through, I will make it, I will make it!

No work tomorrow (today) as it's super slow so they're forcing us to take a day off (vacation or lay off, take your pick). Not happy about this as I don't have the money in my vacation accrual to make the day a vacation day and can't afford to have it other wise. Fortunately, for my mental state, the decision was taken out of my hands and they voluntold us that we weren't working *sigh*.

Health--allergies suck. Hoping the day off will help alleviate some of it.

Kids--exam time so stressed.

Relationships--awesome! Breathes is his usual wonderful self. Possibility.....well, he's Possibility, 'nuff said.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update