Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 01:59 PM

Old 01-24-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Correct. Christ is a literary figure based on other grain gods of the past, such as Osiris and Tammuz and Adonis and many others.
celebrate the Christ on the day of the pagan Sun god. And to celebrate his resurrection on Ostara/vernal equinox, and his birth on Yule, the winter solstice.
ok, here we are. for instance:
i love Ameratasu (or Amaterasu) the Goddess Sun (in japan) that needed to be convinced by other gods to go out from the cave and bring back light and heat to the world.
demetra had to stop the whole nature from flourishing before persefone came back from Ade, so the earth started to green again.

the sol-stice means that for 3 days the sun is always going down in the same place on the HORISon, not one minute before usual, not one minute after usual. after these 3 days the sun is "born" again and days start becoming longer.

the whole Bible skill stands on ancient myths. the concepts of sufference and abstinence and undermission were USED, and still are, to keep people unhappy, unwilling and GOODDist. gooddist people never protest. all this was very much "supported" by Vedas' teachings too, that is "literature jumping out in our first Neolithic to re-set humanity on different values, different from the past ones". well, thank you.

Quote:
Evidence in the gospels represents Christ as mated with Mary Magdalene/Mary of Bethany. It's just been broken up and hidden.
there is no evidence in the gospel that they were lovers, yes.
?at that time poligamy was common in Palestina and neighbouring?

Quote:
The Romans spread pro-pagan-da,

p.s. sabbath as Saturn's day and as any good reason for celebrating the Ancient Mother!!
Old 01-24-2012, 02:03 PM

it was not blood just some berries

Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neegoola View Post

there is no evidence in the gospel that they were lovers, yes.
?at that time poligamy was common in Palestina and neighbouring?
No, I am saying there *is* evidence they were lovers, or married. If you take Mary Magdalene and Mary of Bethany, and one unnamed woman as one figure (and taken as myth, they certainly are), the interactions between them and Jesus indicate deep intimacy. The pouring of the oil anointing Jesus (for the traditional sacred marriage rite to precede his sacrificial death), the way Jesus approaches the sisters of Lazarus of Bethany, Mary's M's wiping Jesus' feet with her HAIR, her intimacy with him at the cross and his resurrected self at his tomb, the idea that she is the Holy Grail, carrying his child, all indicate a consort role for this Mary.

This is just in the canonical gospels alone. The evidence in gnostic gospels is even stronger, but they were banned, partly because gnostic Christianity was too feminist and esoteric for the goals of Constantine and later Roman rulers.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 01-26-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
This is just in the canonical gospels alone. The evidence in gnostic gospels is even stronger, but they were banned, partly because gnostic Christianity was too feminist and esoteric for the goals of Constantine and later Roman rulers.
thanks, Mag, i recall an important thing that i want to add to this thread (even if it seems that KM flew away -probably other kind of answering was waited for?) and i hope that BrigidDaughter@wiil read here 'cause i didn't have "time" to reach you under this aspect but i find it very important both if we think about stopping this (as i wrote before your last answer) or we keep on talking:

if one feels in Loving Jesus the Christ i think this person should read whatever was written about Him;
"jesus the Essene" Meaurois-Givaudan which i think is the best calibrated and closer to "truth";
a composition work about Jesus by Gibran;
"unconditioned love" don't remember who wrote it
"the dead sea scrolls"
"the Aquarian gospel"
"apocryphal gospels" which have been censored, but it's worth reading;
"juda's gospel" which has been one of my favourites: jesus CAN laugh and has a different genuinity in consciousness -missing in the official altered 4 gospels.

AND if one wants to discover the Christ, weel i think Looking around would be enough, but there is also:
"the murder of Christ" W.Reich

after these and other readings, one knows waht's talking about and can choose; at that point, KM34, the question "am i too naif?" would not come anymore on your lips..
Old 01-26-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neegoola View Post
if one feels in Loving Jesus the Christ i think this person should read whatever was written about Him;
"jesus the Essene" Meaurois-Givaudan which i think is the best calibrated and closer to "truth";
a composition work about Jesus by Gibran;
"unconditioned love" don't remember who wrote it
"the dead sea scrolls"
"the Aquarian gospel"
"apocryphal gospels" which have been censored, but it's worth reading;
"juda's gospel" which has been one of my favourites: jesus CAN laugh and has a different genuinity in consciousness -missing in the official altered 4 gospels.

AND if one wants to discover the Christ, weel i think Looking around would be enough, but there is also:
"the murder of Christ" W.Reich
I've read most of these for various religious courses I took in college, a few just for pleasure as well.

Honestly, I stopped responding to this thread because I felt like it wasn't really a discussion. It was people stating their views and denouncing other people's views which is not what I come here for. I'm glad people enjoyed a chance to put what they think out here, though.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:24 PM

jan05.gif
Old 01-26-2012, 04:43 PM

KM,

What kind of discussions were you hoping to spark? I thought it was interesting. Were you hoping for more discussion of how poly marriages might fit into a Christian context? I'm not Christian but that would have been intriguing.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM

It was (is) interesting!

I wasn't expecting it to be about the validity of Christianity or whether or not Jesus actually existed at all. So, yes, I suppose I was wanting it to be more about how poly fits into the Christian context or even how Christians (or those that know them) balance what their religious side teaches and what their desires/orientations actually are.

I'm of the mindset that their isn't enough proof for any one religion or lack thereof to be the obvious choice, so I'm not particularly interested in other people trying to change my views. I do enjoy reading about what people believe, though.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunicWolf View Post
T

Jesus himself never makes mention of homosexuality, if memory serves me right. You know what he does mention a lot? Love. He wanted his new followers to love, and accept one another no matter their backgrounds. Jews, Gentiles, Romans, all accepted for who they are. Is sleeping around with both genders a crime? Jesus forgave and hung around with a prostitute. I think that's a pretty clear indicator that Jesus is pretty forgiving of "sexual deviance" just so long as you believe and act in accordance with how he wanted us to live.
Good points... here's another. Jeremiah 3:15 calls Israel's King David "a man after God's own heart". David, who was married to several wives and had a vast number of concubines. A man who seduced and married Bathsheba - and was condemned for lying and having her husband killed so he could have her, not for loving the woman.

Tags
beliefs, christianity vs. poly