Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 04:42 PM

Default Hi, brand new to this world....

Hi. *wave* You can call me Rose. I'm monogamous by nature, or upbringing, or whatever, but my husband is not. We've been together for 8ish years, loved each other for more than 11, but only been married a year and a half. We decided to add a third person to our relationship about a week ago and I'm not doing too well. I like to think of my self as open minded, and a third person for fun from time to time doesn't bother me at all. It's the thought of sharing my husband, of him loving some one else that bothers me. We'll get through it, all three of us, it's just going to be hard. Any suggestions on how to cope with the jealousy and insecurities?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:20 AM

Welcome to the board. There are so many stories and if you search around on the board you can see what other people have done and other resources. Every story is different. I suggest being gentle on yourself, and let this unfold at your pace. Best wishes to you and hope you can find support here that will be helpful.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:10 AM

My suggestion is to embrace the beauty of love! Sure you're okay with a third for just play, most open minded people are but from my experience that kind of interaction is more of a risk because its usually quick and tricky. Most often not on purpose but when its just sex often if emotions do creep up its not common that they're advertised and ultimately they can become destructive! The wonderful thing about poly is there's more of an openness about not just physical but emotional things too. As long as everyone keeps a clear head and an open heart that shared love can be nutured rather than shunned and consiquently become a positive driving force!

Tags
introduction, need help