Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 09:50 PM

OK, my grammar was the victim of cut and paste writing without proofreading. Pretty sure I explained what I meant twice already though. And seriously Magdlyn, whats with the hostility? Is this the general flavor of these forums?
Old 01-21-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
OK, my grammar was the victim of cut and paste writing without proofreading. Pretty sure I explained what I meant twice already though.
Well, yeah, and you said you didn't understand why there was confusion so I explained it. Just making sure you know why what you wrote was confusing and sounded sex-focused. That's all. Not asking for more explanation from you.

And Mags's question about the cock size wasn't hostile. There have been a few threads about this here lately... read around. The common issue with men is that they are threatened by another man's tool or skills, or if their partner falls in love.

Again, we're just trying to ask for clarification based on what info you provided. We're asking questions to get to know you. That's it. People might poke fun at others now and then, but we're generally not hostile here. However, we are often very blunt!

PS - Why a cruel world?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 01-21-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:23 PM

Not hostile, just an honest question, because that is usually what it boils down to.

Or maybe he's richer, or has more hair... but no. It's usually the cock. Is it bigger, longer, thicker, a nicer shape, does it last longer before it jizzes, does the thrusting style seem more pleasing? You get the picture.

Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 01-21-2012, 10:24 PM

And other women, being supposedly cockless, aren't as much of a threat. But some girls have cocks! Silicone or flesh.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

miss pixi, 37
Old 01-21-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
OK, my grammar was the victim of cut and paste writing without proofreading. Pretty sure I explained what I meant twice already though. And seriously Magdlyn, whats with the hostility? Is this the general flavor of these forums?
When I first joined this forum at the beginning of this month (so, also a n00b) I would have said no, but this past week I'm not so sure. Maybe there have been more new people than average, or maybe people's own current issues are (adversely) affecting their responses to other people's issues, but I've noticed unwarranted negativity in some threads.

I can understand how some of the senior members get tired of seeing the same questions and problems come up, but the thoughtful, reasonable posts that first attracted me to this board seem to be giving way to short, brusque, and even snarky responses in some cases. I've also noticed an increase in "You need to" and "You should" responses, rather than "You might want to think about doing this". Each relationship is as unique as the individuals in it, even if there are some commonalities due to us all being human.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry some of that seemed to happen in your Intro thread. I'll admit the first post had me wondering if English was not your native language, but after I re-read it I got the idea. And like you said, you've clarified.

I don't really have anything to contribute as far as your specific situation goes, but I wish you luck!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:59 PM

He got double barreled by NYCindie and me, the blunt NYers! (NY Sluts, represent!)

But seriously, Mojo, sorry if I came across as harsh. Feminists get a bit bent out of shape at the possible inherent sexism in your preference. No offense meant.

miss pixi, 37
Old 01-21-2012, 11:58 PM

So what inherrent sexism got you bent out of shape precisely?
Old 01-22-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I think she feels that if a boyfriend is what I really wanted though, then she should not deny me something she could not provide herself.

...My ex wanted to see other guys, I was not cool with it thinking it would destroy our marriage and then the marriage ended anyway after a grueling year of no sex or intimacy whatsoever.
Quote:
So what inherrent sexism got you bent out of shape precisely?
The above. Why would seeing another guy destroy your marriage, but seeing another woman be safer somehow?

Another woman for her would be "something you can't provide," but her seeing a man is supposedly providing something you already do (male genitalia) so that's competition you can't deal with?

miss pixi, 37