Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
Wishing Mother Nature would get over the menopause and give us several days straight of the same weather, NOT one day warm and sunny, the next rainy, the next snow and slush then rain, then warm and sunny: rinse and repeat as necessary.
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I think I could handle Mother Nature's menopause thing if I wasn't being nailed to the wall with my own peri-menopause shit. Let's just say it's been a pretty lousy and stressful week.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
I think I could handle Mother Nature's menopause thing if I wasn't being nailed to the wall with my own peri-menopause shit. Let's just say it's been a pretty lousy and stressful week.
I have found menopause to be so-o-o-o much easier than peri-menopause was, even with the hot flashes. Now that I am past that whole process, I love not having periods. I never really had cramps or moodiness, nor any other complaints other than forgetting when to expect it and never having enough tampons on hand, but it is so freeing to never have to think about that stuff again. But peri-menopause was, for me, such a rollercoaster of unpredictable changes in flow, cycles, etc., and it went on for years. So, I hear ya, but just wanted to say, it gets better!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 01-20-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
it gets better!
Thank GOD! Something to look forward to. If things continue as is, I'm going to be calling in sick one day a month, this is just ridiculous.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:38 AM

Hunkering down...

I am on an email list from NYC, which sent me a "Hazardous Travel Advisory" due to 3 to 5 inches of snow expected in the wee hours tonight and tomorrow morning. It's been cold here all week, but I didn't realize snow was on the way til I got that email, LOL!

Old 01-21-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Hunkering down...

I am on an email list from NYC, which sent me a "Hazardous Travel Advisory" due to 3 to 5 inches of snow expected in the wee hours tonight and tomorrow morning. It's been cold here all week, but I didn't realize snow was on the way til I got that email, LOL!
I was in southern Maine last night with The Hottie, and had to drive to Boston this morning... we had about 3" of snow, not fun in rush hour. More snow tonight.

miss pixi is off on a trip with friends for a week, and I am dogsitting for her. The Gentleman is coming over tomorrow night.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 01-21-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunicWolf View Post
My mouth hurts from having a lot of dental work done the past few days. Because of it I'm grouchy and irritable. I've been pondering a lot of things lately and drawing some conclusions I don't like, but I have to live with. I'm also feel frustrated and trapped, which my severe case of wanderlust is not helping at all with.

So in short I'm in pain, irritable, short tempered, and a grouch.

Thankfully BrigidsDaughter is a kind and loving wife and puts up with me, even when I'm like this.
Sorry to hear you're hurting so much, RW. I can feel your pain. After my daughter was born I had lost of dental problems and ended up getting them all yanked out. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:09 PM

Doing better today. Taking IB to manage the pain in my teeth, and I actually had a pretty good time home alone last night. Now I'm feeling creative for the first time in ages and I've got A New Hope playing for background noise. I'd almost forgotten how much I adore the original three movies.

Quote:
lolz. 3-5" here is just above a "dusting" but well below anything resembling a hazard. We'll call a "Winter Storm Warning" for 8"+ in a roughly 24 hour span, or if it gets stupidly cold. It's funny people's perception of snow depending on where they live. We're almost like the Inuit in that we have lots of ways of describing snow in a few words that are universally accepted across the region. Terms like "Lake Effecting" or "Thundersnow". I always get a laugh out of people from the South who go to school up here and their reactions to the snow.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunicWolf View Post
lolz. 3-5" here is just above a "dusting" but well below anything resembling a hazard. We'll call a "Winter Storm Warning" for 8"+ in a roughly 24 hour span, or if it gets stupidly cold. It's funny people's perception of snow depending on where they live.
Well, have you ever driven in NYC without snow? That's hazardous enough! It is so congested here, and drivers are crazy, and aggressive, yelling, speeding, honking horns all the time (even though they now have laws against it), while pedestrians ALWAYS jaywalk, trucks are double-parked, and cabbies are weaving in and out or stopping short to pick up a fare. We never wait on the curb, always far out into the lane. I think driving in the city is what bronco riding must be like. Add snow, heck even just rain, and it's ten times worse! Whenever I drive here, I am gripping the steering wheel and gritting my teeth in terror, LOL.

Drivers here are nutz!!!!1!!one!!1

Last edited by nycindie; 01-21-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Well, have you ever driven in NYC without snow? That's hazardous enough! It is so congested here, and drivers are crazy, and aggressive, yelling, speeding, honking horns all the time (even though they now have laws against it), while pedestrians ALWAYS jaywalk, trucks are double-parked, and cabbies are weaving in and out or stopping short to pick up a fare. We never wait on the curb, always far out into the lane. I think driving in the city is what bronco riding must be like. Add snow, heck even just rain, and it's ten times worse! Whenever I drive here, I am gripping the steering wheel and gritting my teeth in terror, LOL.

Drivers here are nutz!!!!1!!one!!1
I took a trip to NYC in college. From our tour bus, we saw a cop car hit a bus almost dead center. It was an odd experience not being able to tell where the lanes were. I preferred it when we walked or took the subway.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:26 PM

Today's been relatively quiet around here. I've spent most of the day playing Words with Friends while Runic Wolf preps for Friday's game. Weekends are when Wendigo's art RP group meets, so I probably won't talk to him again until tomorrow night. In the mean time I've got laundry to fold and a delicious spaghetti and Italian sausage dinner to make.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update