Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 12:38 PM

Default Help with Love and Understanding

I am a married newly polyamourous female. My husband and I, have been married for 20 plus years. He introduced the polyamory concept 4 1/2 years ago. It took approximately 2 years for me to grasp the concept. I realized that I had love to share.
We visited a swing party to introduce ourselves to an alternative lifestyle, but didn't feel "at home" with the concept. While at the party we met a couple who also shared later with us that swinging just didn't feel quite right as well. We remain very good friends with this couple; we take short trips together, family game night with our children and even participate in their extended family christmas gatherings. I think of them as part of the family and it warms my heart to do so.
The husband and I have developed a wonderful friendship and love for one another. I am truly grateful. My husband has been, and is dating several female friends. He has two close relatioships, albeit new. He is a complex man who has a depth and personality that seens to benefit from polyamory.
I care very much for my friends wife, although it is very hard for her to communicate and open up with her feelings, her husband has mentioned to her that he and I would like to take our relationship to the next level. I understand that it is up to her to come to an understanding with her feelings, and that she has said that this is all new to her and that it will take time. The reason for this post is...How can her husband and I facilitate her growth? I just want to help in a positive way with patience, love and understanding...

Tags
salttanknut