Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 10:57 PM

Default Apparently I am considered a "Unicorn"

HOWEVER (dagnabbit!!! there's ALWAYS an issue right? my desire (I am a 49 y/o woman, but could easily put MANY a young Unicornette to shame) is to be a part of a polyamorous relationship with 2 women only.

I have researched a bit and I DO NOT wish to be the "Vee" but rather be embraced as a third to an established relationship, so that I don't have to pour that much time and energy into it. It's not that I'd be "lazy" about "making it work", it's just that I know that I could serve more as a mediator to (inevitable) disagreements that the couple would have and if somehow my offerings (be they sexual, psychological, practical, financial, emotional, etc.) placate situations or alleviate situations.....what's the harm?

I feel I'd just rather be someone who intermittingly participates and/or serve as a "stress relief" for whenever the two who HAVE been together as a couple, need it. Since there are no hard and fast rules to this "Relationship Carousel of Life" it seems just as viable as the next option. Perhaps I could be a sounding board with benefits? (for whatever reason I imagine myself living in a duplex or efficiency attached to the main couple's house and I (as well as they) would have free rein of entrance and exit within the two homes).

I would be OF the relationship, not intricately absorbed IN it. (does that make sense?)

Still researching where it is that I as a Unicorn would be embraced (but I figure, living in Miami, it shouldn't be that difficult.....) and I am not naive about the bottom line of it all, as far as actually participating in one. But let me tell you, I have the rest of my lifetime to seek it.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:25 AM

Ya know, I'm pretty new here, but it does kinda make sense to me. I have two men, and it's a vee; but we've often talked about two of us having a house with the other in the efficiency. Mostly because he's such an intense introvert.

I'm sure more experienced folks can offer some thoughts you might not have yet thunk about.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 01-19-2012, 05:51 AM

I like your vision! My primary partner has a seperate apartment in his house with a bathroom and kitchen and there is a private entrance in the back. I could totally imagine living there with him and having a female partner living in the apartment! In fact, I could see us being willing to contribute to her financially if she would be like a "house wife"....okay- before anyone balks at that....some women like being a housewife!.....Hmmm.....my wheels are spinning!!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:04 AM

Now there's a marketing tip for unicorns (and hunters for that matter). Housewife! I fancy I'd be good at it; however, I'm no longer strong enough for being a good housewife. Although, when I was not working full time, I had more strength. Stoopit work. I'd much rather lovingly create a home for two spouses (spice?).

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)
Old 01-19-2012, 10:27 AM

I/we are looking for a friend/ partner. I would love someone to be a friend to both of us.
I have a physical disability that causes me pain. Id love to have a woman to be by my side. Maybe be a "housewife" if she so chooses. Id just like to have someone to be here to listen and support me through my struggles. Maybe giving my hubby a break from being my rock.

Hope this makes sense. (im new to this)